• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. mustangman

What got you started in 1:6?

I was sitting at my work bench last week looking at my unfinished projects and was asking myself how long I have been in the hobby already? My 5 year wedding anniversary is this year so it has to be about 7 years now! I still have a FOA JagdPanther to put together and all the 6SI upgrades I...
  2. mustangman

Sneak peak at 2 North Africa figs I am working on

These are the 2 figures that I have been working on, almost complete just a few minor things to complete. The dry brushing of the uniforms seems to really pop in the pics but isn't that bright in regular light. This is my first Pioneer, I like him he turned out pretty good. It is mix of DiD...
  3. mustangman

Getting back into the hobby

I had to take a break but I am back and almost finished with my first new dio. And started working on 3 others!! Here is just a small part of what I have done. I created everything with the exception of the leather mapcase, which I believe came from DiD Capt Thomas figure, and the green envolpe...
  4. mustangman

Zu kalt in Russland!!!

Here is my latest work. A combination of two photos I came across merged into one dio. Originally I had only planed to have the figure ina winter suit but just did not look cold enough so I added the long coat underneath made a world of difference into making him appear to be doing everything he...
  5. mustangman

Wiking Div in Russia

Here is my latest figure, I wanted to depict the Wiking Div in fall camo with his assult pack. For specifics on the figure that is a KWMIM cap with non standard symbol. The camo jacket is BGT but I replaced all the outside buttons with the pebble texture buttons as that is how all the jackets...
  6. mustangman

SS in Italian winter camo

So from what I have read the italian winter camo was rare but I have always like this style of camo so wanted to do a figure based on it. The camo is from one of the ITPT sets which I then used a oil wash to blend the colors and knock down the sharp contrast between the colors. The helmet...
  7. mustangman

Panzerwerks (Steve ebay items)

Steve, I came across these ebay auctions, looks like your stuff but isn't referenced as such. There were a number of items listed using the same pics as on your website. Don't know if they sold or he pulled them down. This was the only one left. Maybe he is a dealer for you don't know, but...
  8. mustangman

SS radio man

Been a while since I posted on SAG here is my latest work. I haven't worked on much this summer, I spent every spare minute I wasn't working or sleeping last summer working on my medieval knight (and that is not an exaggeration). This summer I promised my wife I would get all the house projects...
  9. mustangman

WW2 photos over current photos

These are pretty cool and eerie and the same time. Ghosts of war: Artist superimposes World War II photographs onto modern pictures of the same street scenes | Mail Online Pete
  10. mustangman

German Sniper Dio, Eastern Front

Ok finally got around to finishing up this dio. The base was done by Bruce Arbo. I scratch built the the dresser then broke it up and stained it and burned areas of it to get it look old and damaged. I added an old curtain to the window. I also added the food items, the bread was made with FIMO...
  11. mustangman

German Cavalry saddles available, real leather!!

I know there are a few out there who have been asking about the horse and where to get saddles based off my latest figure SS Cavalry officer, I wanted to let everyone know who may be looking for saddles that I have been in discussions with Cesar Dubon about making a German Cavalry saddle. He has...
  12. mustangman

92 Infantry Po Valley

Been wanting to do a 92nd Infantry for a while and found the perfect headsculpt to complete the project! I also tried a new technique on the base I usally only use natural materials but this this time tried clay and then painting the base with oils and arcylics to get the color and shading of...
  13. mustangman

SS calvary WIP

SS cavalry Officer Completed!!! As I mentioned in my Sniper WIP thread I have a number of figures as WIP. I usually work on one then move to the next if I am waiting for something to dry or waiting for a part or I am just stuck on getting something to come out the way I want. But Luis is...
  14. mustangman

German Sniper WIP

Been working on a few figures the last few weeks. One for the JP hobbies contest that was also a gift to my dad. He already has it, I will save what he said for after the contest as I don't want to give it away. An SS calvary figure, I ordered a nohuanda calvary horse for him. If you want the...
  15. mustangman

Who you don't want to see board the train behind you

HAd this figure since it came out and been trying to come up with a dio for it and when Bruce (arbomambo) came out with his tram line base I knew what I wanted to do. This basically the fig out of the box. I did insert some wire into the coat to get the wind blown effect and the news paper...
  16. mustangman

German Fally earning his wound badge

Well got my German Fally completed! Following Manfred's inspiration on his helmet I attempted to recreate the texture, took 3 days of learning the incorrect way of doing it I got something that looked good to me. I had also stumbled across the helmet belt and hook so made one from scratch just...
  17. mustangman

What to use to fill in joints

What do you use when you fill in body joints to get a more realistic limb? Items like wrist, elbows, neck? I have a couple of figures I want to do this with but looks like most of the better stuff requires baking to harden. What air dry clays or other material do you recommend for this use...
  18. mustangman

German Officer hat upgrade

Not sure if someone has already done this, but I found some metallic thread at Micheal's and it is perfect to add the silver piping on offiers hat. So now you can take any cap and make it an officers cap. I took a SS Wiking side cap and added the silver braid for my "Pappa" Hausser figure I am...
  19. mustangman

German Fally Helmet

Here is a link I found that has some nice close and clear photos of the straps. Fallschirmjager Helmet - Opinions Please. at War relics forum Pics too of my helmet I just finished upgrading. Took about 6 hous total time, but that included a restart due to assembly issues. I used a soft drink...
  20. mustangman

Oberscharfuhrer of the Wiking SS division 1945

This is my latest figure he is an Oberscharfurer of the 5th SS Wiking division during operation Konrad in Jan-Feb 1945 trying to relive the siege of Budapest. On Jan the Westland reg got to within 20 kilometers spotting the Church spires in Budapest. I have my figure pointing to the spires...
Back