• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. Michigan Dawg

Making an Ironing Station for 1/6-scale Clothing

Here's my version of an ironing station for action figure clothing. I spent part of a weekend constructing an ironing station for my 1/6-scale uniforms. I've long wanted to do this as every time I iron something with a full-size iron it seems to take forever due to the inordinate amount of...
  2. Michigan Dawg

Improving the German Bread Bag

A few members of the Sixth Division forum took a pledge to try and show something monthly that's one-sixth related and that we've been working on in order to keep ourselves and others motivated. To that end, I thought perhaps some here at the SAG would enjoy seeing my monthly efforts and you're...
  3. Michigan Dawg

On Improving DiD Bodies

In general, I like DiD's figure bodies; but in particular, I don't like the overly deep and wide bodybuilder chest. So I decided to undress all my DiD figures (I have about 25) and remove as much of the chest depth as I could as well as narrowing the torso under the arms. To accomplish this I...
  4. Michigan Dawg

A Comparison of Body Chest and Shoulders Dimensions

I wanted to modify some of my figures to reduce in particular the depth of the chest. This depth is, at least to me, the dimension which seems to cause the biggest problem with the way uniform clothing items fit and the overall appearance of the figure (making their physique too much resemble...
  5. Michigan Dawg

Looking for Dimension of Feldflasche Clip

Can anyone supply me with the full-scale dimension as illustrated in the attached photo of the feldflasche clip? Thanks.
  6. Michigan Dawg

Question re Wehrmacht Tarnnetz

Does anyone know the approximate spacing of the knots on the tarnnetz? If no one can answer I'll resort to just trying to scale it from available photos but thought I'd ask first. Thanks for any help.
  7. Michigan Dawg

Question for Ron re Box Art Field Stove

Ron, your box art for the 1:6 DAK Kubelwagen kit shows a field stove being employed by a couple of soldat. The stove appears larger than the Esbit model and I guess I'm not familiar with it. Can you elaborate on it any? Thanks.
  8. Michigan Dawg

Question re Insignia for the German M43 Hat

My question is in regards to full-size dimensions for the trapezoid style hat insignia used on both Wehrmacht and SS M43 hats (einheitsfeldmutze). Can anyone supply those dimensions? Were the trapezoid insignia dimensions the same for SS, WH, WL, and WK? I have the CVI insignia but to my...
  9. Michigan Dawg

Looking for Photos of CVI Insignia

Does anyone have detail photos showing the collar tresse or EM collar tab litzen from the CVI German insignia sheets? I was kicking around the idea of creating my own but the sheets seem to be reasonably priced and if the detail is sufficient then I'd rather purchase them and use my time to...
  10. Michigan Dawg

Embroidery Machines

Does anyone here have any experience with designing your own insignia and badges that are then produced via machine embroidery [similar to those offered by Battlegear Toys and Glory Venture]?
  11. Michigan Dawg

Screws Used in DiD Wood and Metal Rifles

I'm trying to refurbish some Kar98 real wood and metal rifles from DiD. The machine and wood screws are tiny and some are missing from the rifles. Does anyone know of a source for these tiny fasteners?
  12. Michigan Dawg

Decals and Custom Decal Service Discontinued

Effective immediately I will no longer be offering decal design services nor will I be printing my range of decals available for purchase in the Maintenance Battalion. The rising cost and general unavailabilty of the inks as well as my increased dayjob workload make it too hard for me to be...
  13. Michigan Dawg

My Luftwaffe Channel Pilot Needs A Place to Relax

I've noticed a heightened interest in pilot figures lately and thought I would create a folding deck chair for mine. These common deck chairs were widely used by both RAF and Luftwaffe pilots to lounge in between missions or when on alert status. No doubt they were "borrowed" from the many...
  14. Michigan Dawg

Looking for fabric suitable for LW schirmmutze cap bands

I'm looking for the type of fabric that DiD uses for their luftwaffe and polizei schirmmutze hat bands. It's a very fine ribbed fabric that is perfect for luftwaffe caps (but actually incorrect for polizei). Does anyone know what I need to be looking for and where I might find it? So far...
  15. Michigan Dawg

Anyone Have Photos of CVI Insignia?

I'm thinking about purchasing some CVI Insignia for my German officers. The photos on the Monkey Depot site don't show much closeup detail. Does anyone have closeup photos of the collar tabs (esoecially the Heer officer litzen style)? Thanks.
  16. Michigan Dawg

Question re Dragon's New GJ and Donkey

Patrick, would/could a donkey (the upcoming release) be used to carry the wicker baskets that Dragon previously released? If not, would a horse (such as those that Dragon has released) be suitable? Thanks!
  17. Michigan Dawg

Winter Puppchen

This is Dragon's Puppchen on skis which I repainted in olive green before applying the winter whitewash. I also created a decal for the range table attached to the gun shield. Hope you enjoy it!
  18. Michigan Dawg

Question re Puttees

Patrick, do you have basic dimensions for the puttees that GJ troops wore and any photos that illustrate the material they were made from? Thanks!
  19. Michigan Dawg

Painting a breech block

I'm repainting my DiD sPzB41 just to give it a little unique personality. To begin, I completely stripped the model down to its bare metal components. I was thinking of leaving some parts unpainted as the bare metal looks pretty cool as is. Would it be correct to paint the breech ring but...
  20. Michigan Dawg

Looking for sPzB41 Walkaround Photos

I was looking to do a little extra detailing on my DiD sPzB41 but so far haven't been able to find any museum or other reference photos online. Has anyone else ever come across any detail photos of this weapon? Thanks!
Back