• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. P

Lost and Found in Russia (plus detail shots of my WSC)

I decided to get my regular russians out (non naval inf) and take some pictures... The whole "premise" behind the deal is that a German officer gets lost and picked up by some Russians... And then interrogated by an NKVD officer... Pics of the truck in color are at the end... Its not fully...
  2. P

Mosin Nagant Sniper Rifle with working bolt (quick mod)

I think most of us knew this mod was possible when the new nagant came out. However i dont know if anyone actually tried it yet... sooo... i got around to it... It was firly simple actually. Some careful prying with an exacto, a bit of hobby saw action, few drops of blood (darned eacto) and some...
  3. P

NOT A STEP BACK!!! The Glorious Red Army Is Here!!!

Well I've been busy with some personal things for a while but i got a bit of free time to snap some photos of my Red Army guys (already got the pictures of the Red Navy up a while back) and do some photoshop work too. Let me know what you guys think.
  4. P

THE RED NAVY IS HERE!!! (3 figures)

I finally finished my Red Navy project... I may make 1 more guy, but thats a maybe... Let me know what you guys think... Posing for propaganda on a costal road... Machinegunner SMG Gunner Rifleman with a "borrowed" piece of weaponry
  5. P

SS Sniper "Ludwig" & Lost Issue Of Signal

This began life as a "Poormans Arthur Hecht" project... and well, i guess it hasnt changed much... Most of the stuff is DID with the exception of the figure, rifle, and g43 pouch... LMK What you guys think... Ryan
  6. P

Soviet Naval Inf - Dimitri... The Beginnings of a squad...

Im planning on making atleast 3 or 4 of these guys... I got the idea from an Italeri kit (see last photo). My Dimitri is based off the center guy... I plan on kitbashing the dp27 gunner and the Trooper with the mp40 next... And then who knows... LMK what you guys think
  7. P

For Us There Is No Land Beyond the Volga (short photo shoot)

Well, I originally posted this back in June, but at only one messageboard… It basically was meant to take up time because I got up really early and had nothing to do… I have since learned some basic things in photo shop and figured id mess around with the photos to take up time at work…. Let me...
  8. P

Sd.Kfz 251, Mobile Chapel??? More Info/Verification?

Browsing some other boards i came across this... www.panzer-modell.de/specials/milpf.htm I was wondering if anyone knew wether or not these were actually produced... If so, does anyone have any actual pictures of them? If not, can anyone verify that this was an actual planned model but never...
  9. P

Most extensive group of Soviet Paraschutist pics ive seen

It seems Red Army Paratroops and Flame gunners are the least photographed of the easternfront... So far in my searches ive found a few photos, nothing great worth saving... However this seems pretty good... http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/geronimo/ also found this book, which i might...
  10. P

Kriegsmarine Helmet Color/insignia Question

First off. What color were kriegsmarine helmets? Black? Or a dark navy blue? Second, what insgnia was on these helmets? Would all of them have the insgnia in 1942? Or would some be with out it?
  11. P

Deserters Will Be Shot!!! NKVD Officer, Stalingrad, 1942

Heres another Russian thing from me... I always wanted a NKVD officer, but Alexi didnt cut it, so i took my inspiration from Enemy at the Gates... Parts Used: DID: Body with Dml Hands Officers Belt Dml: Russian Great coat NKVD Cap Boots Quilted Pants Canteen Pistol and Holster All In All...
  12. P

Pvt.Ryan HOH

Ive been in the hobby for... well, thats a good question. I started when TUS had their first nam series out. So its been 6 or 7 years I guess. Anyways, 3 houses, and 2 states later I'm now in Arizona. I was into the Modern Thing for a while but it got tiring. I am now into the Russian Front...
  13. P

Civillian Volunteer, Stalingrad 1942

Well I purchased the book Notes Of A Sniper, Written By Vasilli Zaitsev... which was never translated until 2003 into english... In the center were a few photos of Vasilli and some other stalingrad stuff. One of Civillian Volunteers, EX workers at the tractor factory, caught my eye in...
  14. P

Svt 40 useage question

I was just wondering when the Svt 40 was fielded. I assume that it came into use in 1940 as the name would suggest. But wanted to ask. Specifically, would one have turned up in Stalingrad?
  15. P

Russian Uniform Mega Refference

8-) Ive never seen anyone post this on a forum before, and i was greedy and kept it to my self, but its great. There are many sub pages and what not, If you erase some of the link you can get to the main page, but its all in russian and only the uniform sub section interests me. Each picture...
Back