• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. hankco1942

Rubberized Assault Gas Mask Bag

I made this many years ago , it is made from light cotton muslin fabric permeated with black tool dip. From mid 2001. Missing a couple of pictures. Original AOL website text follows. U. S. Army World War Two Assault Gas Mask Bag Everyone expected the Second World War to be marked by...
  2. hankco1942

Close Shave - US Personal Gear

More apologies, even more OLD projects!!! Made this lot for a SAG contest. I remember this photo, rainy day, mushy backyard, concrete paver background - Brass razor ( looking back, looks like a ROUGH shave LOL), handtowel, shaving brush, a pocket mirror of polished metal, and a "Molle"...
  3. hankco1942

US Cartridge Belt - the Quest.

In the late 90's I really got into US gear, starting with 1/6th then expanding to 1/1 and making 1/6th versions. An interesting ride. Very early I did cartidge belts - Making my own buckles and parts, mostly using cloth. I finally achieved what I wanted by making one entirely out of webbing...
  4. hankco1942

U.S. Satchel Charge in 1/6

I wasn't able to find my original posts on this topic, so restoring the pictures on this thread. Made 2 types of satchel charges and a TNT pack, here's the first: With another kind of load: Only immediate comment is that I was able to get a real bag a year after I made these and it...
  5. hankco1942

Scale Webbing For Sale HankCo1942

I have miles of cotton tape which I've used in my custom projects. Available in multiple widths and textures. This scan gives you a rough idea of what is available. 1/8 inch flat natural - typical strap for 1/6th. 1/4 inch white flat and herringbone 3/8 inch flat, herringbone, and heavy...
  6. hankco1942

Equipment Giveaways (past)

I hope I'm not boring everyone restoring these posts from years ago (lost in the AOL shutdown) and I hope every now and then someone can glean a little hobby fun from seeing the infromation or pictures. Since I started doing this I have given a lot of things away, various board contests...
  7. hankco1942

How To Make a US BAR Belt in 1/6th (Part1) + PICS

This article originally ran on JoeWorld in 2006, I am restoring it here since it has slipped off the net and the AOL pics were lost. I am loading the Text first and then I will add the pics as I find them!!! Also Note - there are over 110 photos , many are very detailed and refered to as links...
  8. hankco1942

US Army WW2 Mountain Rucksack in 1/6

This was one of my biggest projects ever and a complete how-to article resided on "Joe-World" for a few years. As that is gone I'm going to try to restore it here. Can't locate the text (yet) so please enjoy these pictures.
  9. hankco1942

US World War 2 Service Gas Mask Bag

Attention Sixth Army Group Friends: I'm using the excellent new Sixth Army Group capabilities to restore some of my old lost AOL website projects. Most have seen these already some years back so I apologize, but if they are new to you, enjoy!!! US World War 2 Service Gas Mask Bag Copyright...
  10. hankco1942

Making US Leggings (restored from 2007)

Restoring this old post about US leggings. Hey, I made a pair of leggins way back in '02 - take a peek here: HankCo1942 Leggins 2002 - Nice results, lots of handmade hardware, so they needed to be revisited for my "ground up" project. The darn things were TIGHT in real life, and that's the...
  11. hankco1942

US Equipment list (I've Made)

UPDATE 1/2 - thanks to the amazing Sixth Army Group Photo area, I've just loaded 500+ of my old pictures, everything from my first tries at Pistol belts (2 rows of grommets!) and Cartridge Belts from ~2000 to things like the M43 hood and BAR Bandoliers. I can now start restoring pics to old SAG...
  12. hankco1942

Marwencol?

This a film opening in the upcoming Three Rivers Film Festival - a documentary about a man who has created an entire 6th scale world - did a search here and found only that Tak has travelled there - I am fascinated that I've not heard of this before!!! Who knows more? Marwencol
  13. hankco1942

Zang US Helmet Net

Please check my "bumped" post in the Maintenance Battalion - I've been reading posts about US helmet nets and how great the Zang net is and how hardit is to find and... well, I have a few packs left. Please take a look, tell your friends, help me help his family out and clear a space on my...
  14. hankco1942

HankCo1942 Garand / Carbine / Grenade Riggers Closeout

I have thirteen rigger pouches sized for Garand Enblocs, Carbines, and grenades. Though these are pretty much interchangeable, please notte that a couple are more specialized sizes.magazines. These are typical HankCo1942 handmade quality - As usual, they have CVI Lift the dots and are mailed...
  15. hankco1942

HankCo1942 30rd Grease Gun Rigger Pouches - 5 available ONLY

I have five rigger pouches sized for 3 30rd GRease Gun / Thompson .45 magazines. THese are typical HankCo1942 handmade quality - each is slugged with a piece of wood the same size as the 3 1/6th magazines pictured - As usual, they have CVI Lift the dots and are mailed out open, fill them with...
  16. hankco1942

HankCo1942 Thompson Rigger Pouches - 3 ONLY available

I have five rigger pouches sized for 4 20 rd Thompson .45 magazines. THese are typical HankCo1942 handmade quality - each is slugged with a piece of wood the same size as the 4 1/6th magazines pictured - As usual, they have CVI Lift the dots and are mailed out open, fill them with whatever you...
  17. hankco1942

How To Make Your Own Carlisle Bandage Can

Basically, I was asked to re-create an old project where I made a metal can for the Carlisle Bandage. The last time I did this was 2001, and I didn't have the edges right. So, here you go: Stamped it out of Brass. Some thin brass sheet heated to anneal (re: soften) Not so shiny now, but...
  18. hankco1942

Battle Of Midway Anniversary

I love the D-Day figure thread, so I thought I'd start a Midway thread since the anniversary is tomorrow - Probably fewer examples but let's see those naval aviators (USN and IJN), aircraft carrier crewman, PBY pilots and island defenders!!!
  19. hankco1942

HankCo1942 Rigger Pouch Almost Sold Out

First, thanks to everyone who has supported the making of the HankCo1942 rigger pouch. it's been a fun and steady hobby! Now, I'm going to have a close out sale to clear out some stuff I've made over the past year or so. $5 each - Carbine Rigger - Getting low!!! SOLD OUT Thompson 20 rd...
  20. hankco1942

BBI GP Bag

OK, After vowing that I wouldn't, I did pick up one of the new BBI D-Days, and I am finally happy to say that their GP Bag gets a 95% on size and accuracy. Unlike the DML and DiD, it is in scale, a 30 cal can fits in without stretching or pushing, the proportions are right. It's good. The...
Back