• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. tsatsos

waiting for a ride

Hello, after a long time I managed to finish something! This is a fallschirmjäger around Ardennes waiting for transportation. I have used mostly the Soldier Story parts with an old Dragon head. Enjoy. :mrgreen: DSC00738 by elefant89, on Flickr DSC00733 by elefant89, on Flickr DSC00716 by...
  2. tsatsos

Russian heavy metal

I had this old Russian anti-tank gunner figure and I decided to make him a new better base..after some thought I added a second gunner and things became complicated a little.. Anyway here is the result! Feel free to ask any questions. DSC00677 by elefant89, on Flickr DSC00687 by elefant89...
  3. tsatsos

Welcome to the jungle!

Latest project is my first US marine! (sorry G n' R no Axl here :dunno) This is a surprised marine deep into the jungle during the the Guadalcanal Campaign. The figure is basically a Dragon figure with an old DID body, obviously a LOT of alterations were made including sculpting a...
  4. tsatsos

Luftwaffe on ice

Hello gentlemen! Here is a little project I was commisioned some time ago. It is the old Dragon Luftwaffe infantry figure at the Eastern front. Besides some unavoidable replacements (water bottle, ammo pouches and hat) everything else is Dragon with some (or a lot) detail work on it.. Enjoy...
  5. tsatsos

Helmut the mule...

This a figure I've always wanted to make, it is the "classic" eastern front mg gunner. Our guy Helmut is going through hell as it was not enough that he has to survive the eastern front he has to curry a tone of stuff with him too! Criticism always welcome! DSC00544 by elefant89, on...
  6. tsatsos

"You’ll Have a Happy Life!"

After a long time I managed to finish this one! It is a Russian Navy Infantry from the Baltic fleet in 1944 at the liberation of the city of Pskov in July. All started with the Dragon "Nikitin" figure with extensive reworks and alterations. The base is made mostly with styrofoam and was time...
  7. tsatsos

new repaints

I was recently honored to receive a commission from JIN-ROH to paint two headsculpts of his. (thanks John!) So here are the results. Any criticism welcome! now back to that navy infantry figure I have to finish! :o DSC05832 by elefant89, on Flickr DSC05834 by elefant89, on Flickr...
  8. tsatsos

Enemy at the fence!

Since Jason's contest is over I think its time to post a more detailed view of this latest project. So here we have an NCO of the Wiking Division at the outskirts of Budapest in 1945..after he came across with some freshly digged potatoes for lunch.. The first figure I ever got was Gustav...
  9. tsatsos

Headpaint

Well I thought I should give a try painting a Tony Barton head for a new project. The sculpt is great and full of character I must say! I' am not completely satisfied with the result and the photos came out even worst.. Still more work to do I think.. DSC05488 by elefant89, on Flickr...
  10. tsatsos

Man gegen Tank

“1st Assault Komsomol Engineer-Sapper Brigade” Belorussian Front 1944 I finally managed to finish this guy! Head, DID Peter Greim stripped and shrinked.. he had a big head! Body DML with narrowed shoulders/chest , hands Hot Toys. Pilotka Toys City. Everything else DML including the PTRD-41...
  11. tsatsos

Rorke's Drift

Hello all This is the well known private Williams figure from DID with a Toys City head. This is an idea I got from Tigers bash :) I made a few alterations on the rifle and helmet and made from scratch a new water bottle as the DID one is very crude.
  12. tsatsos

First Place - Russian winter 1942

German infantry man eastern front 1942
  13. tsatsos

Eastern front winter

Hi everyone. This is my latest project, a Wehrmacht soldier in white camouflage. It is mostly DID (Leon Basin) with a Dragon head. The pipe was scratch builted from wood and plastic after I found a period picture of a soldier in white smoking one at the eastern front. Any comments welcome Lucas
  14. tsatsos

Leningrad 1941

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I'm rather new to 1/6 but but I've been into modelling for a long time. This is my third custom figure. It is a soviet NCO during the siege of Leningrad. It is mostly based on the old Dragon figure with a new head from DID. Any comments welcome Lucas
Back