• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. Pickelhaube

RIP Charlie Aka M37M880

Forgive me if this has been posted earlier. I just got off the phone with Mrs. Burke and she told me that Charlie has passed away in May. RIP Charlie You will be missed .
  2. Pickelhaube

Has Anyone Built The Russian Ba-64 Scout Car ?

I tried doing a search and nothing came up. Has anybody built one ? The Russians used them in WW2 and Korea .
  3. Pickelhaube

Is There Interest in Rubber Sdkfz 222 Tires ?

Hey Guys, I have kicked this idea around for awhile but with my workload. I could never make this happen. With the limited partnership of Panzerweks and FOA's Sherman track links I think that if they could get together and make some rubber Sdkfz 222 rubber tires . Would this interest any...
  4. Pickelhaube

Sad News in the 1/6th World

Our friend and friend of the forum Charlie Burke had a stroke last Sunday night. ( Forum member M37M880 ) I called his wife Miss Jerry today and she gave me his number at the hospital. His is doing fine as can be expected and hopes to be home in about 5-10 days. Charlie's doctor said if...
  5. Pickelhaube

Best Looking Patton ?

Hey Guys, Who makes the best looking Patton and are they available ?
  6. Pickelhaube

Is the DML Firefly getting close ?

I just went into Monkey Depot page and searched for Firefly and there was nothing to be found. Then I pulled up my order sheet and beside payment were the word " processing ". I know that they have taken the money out of my paypal account back around Christmas so is it here ? I tried...
  7. Pickelhaube

Happy Mardi Gras !!

Hey Guys , Tomorrow will be Mardi Gras a time to have fun I will be busy working on my Jagdtiger project which still will be fun. To celebrate here is my kitty Ninja dressed up and ready to go to the parades !!!!
  8. Pickelhaube

Does Anybody Make the Flak 43 ?

The cannon that goes into an Ostwind ? 1/6th scale of course.
  9. Pickelhaube

1/18th Scale Jagdtiger

Well I have finally had time to catch up on my Jagdtiger project. So far I have 2 weeks on it with 3 days spent redoing parts.
  10. Pickelhaube

Horse Shoes

Hey Guys, A lot of you guys like putting horse shoes on the front of your vehicles. Maybe to denote cavalry units of days gone by or good luck talismans.. Most of you mount the shoes turned down. I remember Col. Potter ( MASH ) stating you need to turn the shoe up so that it holds the...
  11. Pickelhaube

Tiger II Running Gear

Hey guys, I know Pazerwerks makes the tracks but does anybody make the running gear for the K-2 ? Thanks
  12. Pickelhaube

Firefly Will Be Out After The First Of The Year

I talked to the sales rep at Monkey Depot today and he said the Fireflies will not be in for Christmas. More than likely after the first of the year.
  13. Pickelhaube

Has Anybody made a M-8

Hey Guys , I have done a search on the forum and can not find any links on a M-8 motor carriage. Has anybody made on ? Thanks !!
  14. Pickelhaube

Minenraumer !!!

Pretty sweet !! To bad it is 1/5 scale RC Mienenräumer im Maßstab 1:5 - YouTube What a contraption. This is for some one who has everything in 1/6 scale. I bet they do not have one of these.
  15. Pickelhaube

Merrit's 1/6 th Panzer IV

Hey Guys Not sure if this is old news or what but Merrit had some pics of their new 1/6th Panzer IV kit from a recent con !! https://www.facebook.com/MeritIntlLtd
  16. Pickelhaube

How Do You Make Your Cast Lettering ?

Looking at some of the great skills on this forum makes me wonder how do you guys make your casted lettering ? There looks to be a few different methods. Thanks.
  17. Pickelhaube

How Old Are Our Forum Members.

He guys how old are we ? I would venture to guess that we have no one under 30 on this forum. I am 54 years of age
  18. Pickelhaube

Pickelhaube's 1/18th Scale Stuff

I know this is a 1/6th scale board but I intend to branch out and start making some 1/6th scale parts. I have been making mods for 1/18 scale items for years now with great support in the 1/18th world. Here is a post on one of the 1/18th scale forums showing some of my modifications. Small...
  19. Pickelhaube

Wheel plugs for Dragon Sherman

Hey Guys, Whenever I get time to work on my Dragon Sherman I will be making plugs to fill the back of the road wheels. Would there be interest in me producing these ? I intend to make the plug the same as the face side to hopefully just glue them in . Est. price $25-$35 Any interest ?
  20. Pickelhaube

Late Copula For Dragon Sherman

Hey Guys, I think some one on the board makes a new style copula for the Sherman,. It is a tad on the high side. ( for me ) Is there anybody else out there who makes them ? I am interested in possibly converting one of my Dragon kits into a Jumbo. Hopefully before I die.
Back