• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. Glidah Drivah

New Eisenhower Figure

There's a new Eisenhower figure coming out in the next few months. The headsculpt isn't really a good likeness, and $100 is way too much, but there's some good kitbash material if they part it out. 1/6 Scale WWII Allied Forces Supreme General Eisenhower Action Figure - Wolfking Figures -Nate
  2. Glidah Drivah

Monuments Men

George Clooney and Matt Damon are starring in a film this December about the small team of art experts who saved art and sculpture from the Germans in WWII. This might mean that figures based on the Clooney and Damon characters. I'm not a huge fan of celebrity headsculpts, but a successful...
  3. Glidah Drivah

1/6 Scale Waco Glider

Not sure if anyone has posted this before, but I found these images. the model is at The Army Aviation Museum at Fort Rucker, AL. The gentleman is a retired WWII Glider Pilot. I apologize for the poor nature of the photos.
  4. Glidah Drivah

Baggage Battles

I'm not sure if anyone here watches the Travel Channel show Baggage Battles, where individuals bid on lost or confiscated luggage, (same people who brought you Storage Wars); but this past week's show offered some 1/6. They were in Vancouver, B.C., and one of the items was a case with 20-25...
  5. Glidah Drivah

Late War Tanker

There's been a few nice WWII tankers (on both sides) that have been posted recently. Since I didn't have a tanker in my collection; it was time to rectify this. I've tried to keep him pretty basic. Enjoy! HS: BBi Coveralls: OJI Boots: 21st Jeep Cap: OJI Tanker Jacket: 21st Helmet: 21st...
  6. Glidah Drivah

For all you hockey fans out there...

The missus and I were out taking advantage of the post-holiday sales this past weekend; when I spied a NHL Shirt 2-pack in a sports collectibles shop. They come with stands and hangers for display purposes. Each pack has a home and away shirt. I only took the home version out; the other one is...
  7. Glidah Drivah

New Cyber Hobby SPR Figures

I was at my local retailer this weekend and saw that he had a "Richie" (BAR gunner) on the shelf. I gave it a cursory inspection. Someone who picks one of these SPR guys up can give a more indepth review, (and flesh out this thread) but until then, some thoughts: The new headsculpt is nice, but...
  8. Glidah Drivah

Secret Mission to Spy Island Redux

The early 1970s Adventure Team "Secret Mission to Spy Island" set always intrigued me. I was too young to see the original release; and the late 1990s "Timeless Collection" version with the camouflage uniform (I believe offered through FAO Schwartz) just didn't appeal to me. The idea that...
  9. Glidah Drivah

From Discount Thunderbird to Thunderbolt Driver

A few weeks back, my wife and I went down to New York City for a few days. There happened to be a huge discount store across the street from our hotel that we browsed in. In the toy section I found a bunch of older DML figures. Well, multiples of one figure: the USAF Thunderbird pilot, LTC...
  10. Glidah Drivah

Sideshow Body question

My apologies if this is in the wrong folder. Moderators, feel free to move it... I attended a local figure show today and managed to pick up a Sideshow 007 nude (the Connery Thunderball fig) for a Bond bash. The problem is that the hands are not attached to the arms. They were in the bag; the...
  11. Glidah Drivah

Late-war Marine (aka Kenneth Redux)

There's been some great Marines on the boards lately, so I thought that I'd show my update of an older figure. DML's KB Toys exclusive "Kenneth" was pretty basic even when he was released, but considering he (and fellow KB exclusive "Kent") only retailed for about $25 (and could be found for...
  12. Glidah Drivah

Marine Flamethrower Operator, Okinawa (WIP)

It's been a while since I posted anything, due to my wife and I moving into a new house. I was digging through some boxes and decided to take a few pics of one of my WIPs. This is a 6th MARDIV Flame Gunnerduring the Okinawan campaign. It's very much a WIP. I'll most likely replace the M-1...
  13. Glidah Drivah

US Staff Officers-JP Hobbies Winter Bash

Here's a few Staff Officers that I did for the recent J-P Hobbies Winter contest. The actual contestant is the senior officer (Colonel or Brigadier General) in the trenchcoat. Being that staff officers "in the rear with the gear" often had access to the newer equipment, but were far enough...
  14. Glidah Drivah

Awesome Dioramas

Just saw this on another board. Equal parts envy and inspiration here! http://www.shout.net/~scg/collection...seserrano.html
  15. Glidah Drivah

M-24 Chaffee

This just appeared over on OSW. It will be a postwar vehicle, but the M-24 Chaffee saw service during WWII. (It's actually my favorite tank of WWII!) http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-discussion/621512-marcel-his-m24-chaffee.html
  16. Glidah Drivah

Rhodesian Selous Scouts

I've been on a Rhodesian/Bush Wars kick lately. I've been working on a Rhodesian African Rifles GPMGer, and (thanks to a local figure show) have begun a Selous Scout bash. He's very much a WIP, the webbing will definitely be replaced, and I might replace his AK with and FN FAL (though the...
  17. Glidah Drivah

Caltek/Soldier Story French Soldier, circa 1940

I haven't seen this posted on SAG yet, but there's a new Caltek/Soldier Story figure coming of a French soldier, circa 1940. The headsculpt is definitely inspired by Kirk Douglas as Colonel Dax from Paths of Glory! The uniform and gear looks pretty good for a French soldier both before and after...
  18. Glidah Drivah

WWII Mechanic

Johnro6659 and I recently staged a winter convoy where I got to show off a few of my more mundane US guys. Most of my ETO figures (both US and German) tend to be staff or logistics guys. There's something about the unsung support units that helped keep the combat troops serviced that tends...
  19. Glidah Drivah

Gunnery Sergeant, 6th MARDIV Okinawa 1945 (WIP)

For a little change of pace from the recent winter bashes, here's a few pics of my latest project: a Marine NCO during the Battle of Okinawa in 1945. It's just a WIP for now; I'm hoping to get him finished by late Spring/Summer. A local hobby shop is having a flea market sale, and I managed to...
  20. Glidah Drivah

DiD French Resistance Fighter "Pierre"

DiD's master plan of draining WWII collectors' wallets is reaching diabolical proportions! This looks especially good for those who missed out on Hot Toys' "Aldo Raine." Heck, I think that it looks better than the HT version; especially as the price will probably be less even with all the...
Back