• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. T

Who makes a G-41?

Anybody know any body that makes a German G-41 rifle? I contacted Eklyps and they said they stopped making them. SO is there anybody else? .
  2. T

McAuliffe Weapon

What weapon(s) did Anthony McAuliffe jump with on D-Day and Market Garden?
  3. T

Collecting Questions

I have pretty much began to limit my collecting and bashing to the Normandy campaign with the 101st, 62nd, 2nd Rangers, Heer and SS units. As paratrooper go I have eliminated my bashes of non paratrooper figures and rebashed original paratroopers figures with better or slightly different gear on...
  4. T

Questions with regards to bashing a 101st figure

The 101st Airborne Division had helmet markings on their helmets signifying units. I was wondering did any of them say like during D-Day camouflage them with paint or camouflaged helmet covers or parachutes? Are there any photos or evidence of this being done if they did? I was wondering because...
  5. T

101st Questions

The 101st Airborne Division had helmet markings on their helmets signifying units. I was wondering did any of them say like during D-Day camouflage them with paint or camouflaged helmet covers or parachutes? Are there any photos or evidence of this being done if they did? I was wondering because...
  6. T

Paratrooper Carbine Questions

Did US paratroopers that carried the carbine only use the folding stock version or did a few use the regular one? What percentage used the folding stock as opposed to the regular issued one? Did the 82nd or the 101st use more of the folding stock carbine's than the other, or were they the same...
  7. T

FILTHY 13 QUESTIONS

With the soon to be released jake McNiece figure I was wondering what was the weapons make-up of the Filthy 13? How many had M-1's, How many had Thompson's and how many had carbines? I was just wondering, especially since I was bashing figures that they were based on or had face paint with...
  8. T

Camo Pants Questions

How prevalent were the splinter pattern and marsh pattern camo pants? Which one produced in 1/6 is the most accurate or believable. I'm thinking of doing an NCO knock-off like the old 21st century one only with a Dragon, DID or some other figure and the same company equipment. Pictures and input...
  9. T

What works best to blacken Paratrooper faces?

Hey guys, I know I and others have asked this many times before, but please be patient. What works or has worked best and possibly easiest for you when it comes to blackening D-Day paratroopers faces. I have heard burnt cork, charcoal, ash and even dirt. What works best for you? What do you...
  10. T

Filthy 13 Question

Has anybody ever tried to bash the entire Filthy 13 or even a partial group of bashes of this unit? Just curious. With the figures William, Corbin, Ricky and the soon-to-be George coming out that is almost a quarter of the unit. If you have the bashes of the 13, please show them off. I'd love to...
  11. T

Rigger Pouch Questions

How many M-1 clips generally could fit into an M-1 rigger pouch? About how many would a paratrooper have on average if he used them?
  12. T

Questions on the Filthy 13

I have some questions and seriously need to buy the book on them when I can find it, but I have a few questions on them. Basically did all of them do the Mohawk thing with their hair? Next how were they armed individually? Out of thirteen men, how many had M-1's Thompson's, Carbine's? Basically...
  13. T

Vandervoort's Weapon

What did Lt. Col. Benjamin Vandervoort really carry on D-Day? I know the movie The Longest Day had hi with a rifle, but was that accurate?
  14. T

Stupid Question #999

How prevalent was Albert's white winter camoflage uniform? Were most German troops issued this type of uniform near or during winter?
  15. T

Helmet Question

How prevalent was Stiner's camoflage helmet? Was it used throughout the different divisions and units?
  16. T

1/6 Paratrooper Questions.

I have been pondering over the course of time getting all of the 1/6 US paratroopers to add to my squads. I won't neccessarily buy the whole figure but will bash them and add them to the 82nd and 101st. I was just wondering has anybody else just basically done that with their 1/6 airborne units...
  17. T

How Do You Guys Make Bullet & Other Wounds Questions

Okay guys, how do you guys make bullet and other wounds with blood when it comes to doing in on the uniforms? How do you do chest wounds and bayonet wounds? If you have some visual examples that would help. So far I have used a Quentin tarentino Reservoir Dogs Figure with a bullet wound to...
  18. T

Ideas For New Figures

After going through Ebay and several different sites ranging from Echo Base Toys to Red Planet Toys and beyond, I have noticed how many and how wide of variety we have in the world of action figures. They range from soldiers and war movies to super heroes, movie stars and cowboys and...
  19. T

Bashing 12th SS Questions

Of the newer figures and companies that have come out in the last couple of years which figures could be bashed to fight in the 12th SS. I know some of Dragon's older one like Marcus, Heinz, fritz, wilhelm and Jhannes could be used, not to mention sam Blake. But what of the newer companies and...
  20. T

US Officer Helmet Netting questions

I asked this question on another website and thought I would ask it here as well. First off, I am bashing some US army Rangers from some loose figures I have. I have a 2nd Ranger captain and a Lieutenant. I was wondering how common was it for US officers to wear helmet netting? Was it very...
Back