• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. G

2010 Toronto OMSS Show! Saturday June 12th Fort York Toronto

It's that time of year again when the Ottawa 1/6th Club packs up our collective Toychest and head on down to Hog Town (Toronto) for the Annual Ontario Model Soldier Socitey Show. This year it is being held on Saturday June 12th (10am -4pm) at Fort York (Near the Island Airport). We're...
  2. G

Dragon Steve Hartman (Gear Plus) Opinions wanted

Anyone have any optinions on this figure? Good, bad, indifferent? Thanks in advance.
  3. G

Fat Man

Saw this on eBay. I'm not the seller nor am I promoting it, but thought it was interresting... Legs and arms look a little funny but still interresting... Fat Body
  4. G

Mark Carney & Doc Peterson

Saw this photo and thought it looked a heck of a lot like Doc Peterson. Mark Carney the Bank of Canada Govenor, found his HS. Wish someone would make one of me. THIS THREAD IS NOT MEANT TO BE POLITICAL, SO PLEASE NO POLITICAL COMMENTS
  5. G

Lil GenSpec (New Addition)

Thought I would share some good news. Mrs GenSpec and I had our first baby on Nov 10th. Weighing in at 8.45 lbs and 20.5" she was relatively healthy. We were allowed to bring her home the following Sunday. Life's changing that's for sure. Now to find or should I say "Steal" some time for...
  6. G

New By-Law

Funny bureaucracy at it's best... My city has passed a new by-law that anyone with a pool that uses treated water (Chlorene or Salt) cannot drain that pool in the fall or any other time of year on to any property where the watershed will drive the contents on to public: streets, sewers catch...
  7. G

Caltek Flak 88: Let's See em

Did anyone else recieve their flack 88 from Caltek? Let's see them if you got them. Mine arrived, however it is now in "kit form" thanks to FedEx (Many large pieces broken/ twisted beyond my repair skills), so I still have no idea how nice this piece is in person. For those that recieved them...
  8. G

Need help sourcing an A/B figure

A freind came over the other day and after seeign the "war room" would like to pick up a parachuting American A/B fig. I know the special version of DML's JEB comes with a deployable chute, but he's about as rare as hen's teeth, does anyone know of another fig that comes with a deployable...
  9. G

Lt. Joseph Kerr - The Beginning

Born to Hubert and Mary-Lynn Kerr on December 2nd, 1915, Joseph Hubert Kerr was the youngest of four children. The oldest of the Kerr children, Robert, was an athletic young man who had wanted a younger brother to play with since the birth of his twin sisters. At age 8 he would finally get his...
  10. G

Ahhhhh Quality Control....

Not sure if this belongs here or in the Cooler, but I got a laugh out of this when I opened the box. At first I thought they were loose threads, but the fabric is actually sheaded. These boards came from Eugen Schrange FJ Mortarman. I have had some issues with newer DML items and the quality...
  11. G

The General's New "Bunker" (Picture Intensive)

Over a year and a half ago we packed up shop and moved to our new house. Unfortunately that meant giving up the ol' war room and our new house did not have a finished basement. Good oppertunity to design a larger war room for the lads. The ceiling is not finished, long story as it was going...
  12. G

Question on CH 7.5cm Infantry Cannon

Anyone who owns this piece, are you tell what it is constructed from? Polystone or plastic? Considering trading for one, but if it is Polystone, I have enough broken pieces I don't need to add more, lol. Any help is appreciated.
  13. G

1/6 Aircraft Waterslide Decals

Anyone know where I can find German WWII decals for aircraft including kill markings and unit decals, etc... Specifically looking for fighter aircraft BF109, etc...
  14. G

Full Metal Christmas

For those who are use to the language from the film classic Full Metal Jacket, Enjoy. For those with Virgin ears who cannot watch such movies, do not view the link. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer meets Full Metal Jacket
  15. G

Help! With 8th Ann Flak Damaged in "Dog Fight"

My wife was playing with the dog last night and the dogs ball hit the Flakverling and the whole gun elevation assebly fell apart. It appears as though there is a pressure pin the holds the gun at elevation in one of several holes on the main gun body, however as the two sides of the gun (Left...
  16. G

New 3R Japanese Officer

Very cool! I checked the DiD site, but saw nothing of this on there. Does 3R have a differnet site? Would also be great to know if the horse comes with the fig or not. A great offering and even though I do not collect Japanese from WWII, this figure if he comes with the horse will be finding...
  17. G

Displaying DML Motorbikes

As I set up the basement, I am having some trouble setting up my two DML Motorbikes (The ones without the sidecars). The stands they come with are somewhat wobbly and I am a bit worried about setting them up on the shelves without some sort of proper support... I see a shelf dive in my future...
  18. G

Photo: 1918 Statue of Liberty

It is 18,000 men preparing for war in a training camp at Camp Dodge , in Iowa. Photo taken 1918. An oldie but a goodie for those who have not seen this before. And for our hobby, a little 'forced perspective'. FACTS: Base to Shoulder: 150 feet Right Arm: 340 feet Widest part of arm...
  19. G

Serious Question on Boxes

We finally have the basement finished and my 1/6th hobby now has a place to be displayed, my wife could not be happier now that she gets her storage room back. :s Problem is that while she turns a blind eye to this hobby and lets me have my fun, the boxes are piling up and that is chewing...
  20. G

Death Trap

I thought it would be interresting to see what vehicle in your opinion would you have been horrified to travel in, serve or otherwise crew during the war IF you had the option. Any Army/ Airforce or Navy, any branch of service for any country for any reason (Safety concearns, target of...
Back