• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. J

My Grandfather in WWII, France 1944 U.S. Army 9th Air Corps

I put this figure together as a Christmas present for my father. It is based on the reference photo (last pic.) of his father during WWII. He passed away a little over a year ago and I never saw the reference picture until after his death. I believe the picture was taken shortly after arriving...
  2. J

Vietnam War NVA / PAVN Soldier

Mostly Soldier Story parts. The head is the HK inspector, the body is a DID short body and I repainted the 21st pith helmet and added a leather strap. I weathered everything up a bit. There are sweat marks under the arms on the back and chest but not really visible with all the gear on.
  3. J

Has anyone gotten an ebay listing removed for "nazi&quo

I had 6 boxed Donitz up and they were removed for "Hatefull" markings that glorify the Nazi party. I was suprised to hear this policy has been in place for years considering all the 1/6 German stuff that gets sold on ebay. Ive got other German stuff in my store now but they only flagged the...
  4. J

Toys city Hofman German Paratrooper repainted and weathered

I fixed the cross eyed problem with a complete repaint and colored up the scar a bit.
  5. J

Toys City Sniper repainted and weathered

I cut the top part of a Dragon ushanka off and put it in a dragon helmet w/ out the liner for a better fit, straps are there.
  6. J

A couple of Russians

Repainted and weathered
  7. J

Fallschirmjager Monte Cassino 1944

Gustav Bayer kit weathered up with repainted head, hands and gear. Im not really sure about the helmet strap,Both the Toys city, and Soldier story upcoming releases seem to have diffrent styles and Im not sure wich one is more correct. I added a bolt on the right side, but I dont know if I...
  8. J

Panzerpionier Russia 1941

Erich Ubben kit with a swapped out repainted head, and a little weathering.
  9. J

Scharfuhrer, 28th SS Frw Gren Div Wallonien 1945

All parts are from Dragon, slimed down body, repainted hs, CVI insignia. This figure is based on artwork B1 from the men at arms series #420.
  10. J

Berlin Defender

Pretty much the old Angsar kit weathered a bit and a repainted did headsculpt. I made the base a long time ago with mostly styrafoam.
  11. J

Modern Russian Chechnya 2003

I did this one a while ago but didnt get around to posting it til now. Its a mixture of BBI and TUS gear with a repainted SS head, Dragon body and hands. I copyed the patch on the right shoulder from a website online.
  12. J

Chechen fighter

I repainted the head, hands and AK. I also shortened the body on this one. The last pic. showes him next to one of my modern russians so you can see the height difference. This is the first time I worked w/ "real" facial hair and eyebrows. parts: dragon - HS, body,dyed sweater, cap,boots bbi-...
  13. J

Soviet Border Guard w/SKS (1950's.)

All the parts on this one are Dragon except the rifle and belt(TUS.) I stripped and repainted the head. Rifle and hands are also repainted. I modified the ammo pouch that came with the SVT rifle into a SKS ammo pouch.
  14. J

juk73 #2

Soviet Sub-Machine Gunner
  15. J

juk73

Late War German Sniper
  16. J

1980's Soviet

Most of the stuff is from 21st cen. HS and Ushanka are Dragon. Everything has been repainted and or weathered. [/img] [/img] [/img] [/img] [/img]
  17. J

Any 1/6 scale shops in chicago area?

Im going to be there for a few days and im just wondering if there are any hobby stores that carry 1/6 scale .
  18. J

Russian sailor

The uniform and gear are Dragon, The head is from Tony Barton. [web:d5364b5e15]http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/5102341/21.JPG[/web:d5364b5e15] [web:d5364b5e15]http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/5102341/22.JPG[/web:d5364b5e15]...
  19. J

1st post/ small dio

This is my first post here although Ive lurked for some time. This is a small diorama I put together for the JP hobbies contest. All the parts are dragon except for some of the Headsculpts(Tony Barton) The heads and hands were totally reapainted,the weapons gear and uni's weathered.The building...
Back