• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. Fernandopm

Gebirgsjaeger in Narvik

Hello, this is a Gebirgsjaeger NCO in Narvik wearing the early war period uniform with the addition of a civil sweater to better cope with the low temperatures of the Northern Norway. I hope you like the figure and the outdoors pictures, I know it is not a fjord but you get the idea :wink:
  2. Fernandopm

HG Division Tanker

Afer a few months away from the hobby this is a new figure I put together recently. A tank Officer from the Luftwaffe HG Division somewhere in the Russian Front in 1944. I hope you guys like it.
  3. Fernandopm

12cm Heavy Mortar

This is a Soviet 12cm heavy mortar model PM-38 from Dragon that I have repainted and weathered. These mortars were captured in large numbers at the beginning of Operation Barbarossa and used by the Wehrmacht under the designation Granatwerfer (GrW) 378 (r). The Germans later copied the design...
  4. Fernandopm

SS-Sturmbannführer, Russia 1941

I thought the yelling Meyer HS could very well be used to put together a typical SS officer figure, and this is how it ended up:
  5. Fernandopm

LAH Panzer Company Commander, Zhitomir 1943

A Waffen-SS Panzer Company Commander from the LAH División during the operations in Ukrainie to recapture the city of Zhitomir in Winter 1943/44. It was one of the last tactical victories of the German Wehrmacht in the USSR before being crushed by the Red Army.
  6. Fernandopm

Kurt Meyer, Belgium 1944

Kurt Meyer, 25. SS-Panzergrenadier Reg. Commander HJ División Belgium, 1944 This is a depiction of the famous character Kurt Meyer as a SS-Standartenfuhrer (SS Colonel) commanding the 25. SS-Panzergrenadier Regiment of the HJ División while training in Belgium.
  7. Fernandopm

Gebirgsjäger Oberleutnant, Italy 1944-45

The mainGerman mountain infantry units that operated in Italy during the last years of WWII were the 5. and 8. Gebirgs Division. The German soldiers fighting in the Mediterranean theatre of operations were authorized in the warmer months of the year to wear the tropical uniforms also used before...
  8. Fernandopm

Kursk Trio

This photoshot portrays a LAH tank batallion commander giving instructions to the division assault engineers the day before the Kursk offensive. They are tasked to clear the way for the panzer spearhead through the first defence line of the Red Army. I hope you like this pictures
  9. Fernandopm

FJ Machine Gunner, Italy 1943-44

Here is a German paratrooper (FJ) machine gunner from 1st or 2nd (later 4th) FJ Divisions during their campaigns in Sicily and the Italian mainland. The uniform is typical of FJ troops in warm weather during the Italian campaign and it consists of the tropical shirt and trousers and the green...
  10. Fernandopm

SS-Skijäger Battalion Officer, Summer, 1944

SS-Skijäger Battalion Officer, Summer, 1944 The SS-Skijäger Battalion Norge was formed in Finland in 1943 from Norwegian volunteers and German personnel. The Battalion was trained for combat as light assault infantry and as ski troops in Winter. The Norge Battalion was attached to the order of...
  11. Fernandopm

Gefreiter HG Division, Poland 1944

This is a Gefreiter (corporal) from the Hermann Göring Division in Summer, 1944, when the HG Divion was deployed in Poland to stem off the advance of the Red Army towards the river Vistula and Warsaw.    
  12. Fernandopm

Fallschirmjager Obergefreiter – Tunisia, 1943

Fallschirmjager Obergefreiter – Tunisia, 1943 After the Allied landings on the French North Africa (Operation Torch), the Germans rushed in reinforcements from Italy to Tunisia to secure the rearguard of the Axis forces in Africa that were retreating from Lybia. As part of that effort, several...
  13. Fernandopm

Fallshirmjäger in Greece or Crete

For the mighty German Fallshirmjäger the war in Greece and Crete was a thirsty business back in May 1941. Fortunately there was always a carafe of good Greek wine at hand !! Enjoy :wink:
  14. Fernandopm

Waffen-SS Officer

The first time I saw the HS from the DiD’s Tim Becker I figured out that it would be ideal to depict a “classical” veteran Waffen-SS officer, let alone the resemblance of this HS with a real subject: the SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer (Captain) Max Seela, Company Commander in the Totenkopf Division...
  15. Fernandopm

German Granatwerfer 34 Mortar

German Granatwerfer 34 Mortar I’ve just finished assembling and painting the Dragon German 8cm mortar kit. It is a very straightforward kit to assemble with clear instructions and very clean parts, all of them very well done with nice details. The kit also includes the ammo box (plastic - too...
  16. Fernandopm

Oberjäger, 1. Volks-Gebirgs-Division, 1945

Oberjäger, 1. Volks-Gebirgs-Division, Hungary and Austria, 1945 Renamed as the 1. Volks-Gebirgs-Division in March, 1945, the “First” participated in the last German offensive of WWII South of Lake Balaton in Hungary. After heavy defensive fighting the division retreated to the border with...
  17. Fernandopm

Partisan in Bielorussia

Partisan in Bielorussia This is my version of Tuvia Bielski, more or less as depicted in the movie Defiance. He was the leader of the three Bielski brothers, they formed a band of partisans who helped to save the lives of many jewish people hiden in the deep forests of Bielorussia.
  18. Fernandopm

Gebirgsjäger Gefreiter, April 1941

Gebirgsjäger Gefreiter The Balkans, April 1941 A new outdoors photoshot, this time representing a Gebirgsjäger Gefreiter from 6. Gebirgs Division in April, 1941, during the first days of the German attack on the Balkans. The 6. Gebirgs Division launched the attack from the allied country...
  19. Fernandopm

Obergefreiter, 5. Luftwaffe FD, Crimea 1943

Obergefreiter, 5. Luftwaffe FD, Crimea 1943 This is a Luftwaffe Obergefreiter from 5. LW Field Division in the East Front, late Summer or early Fall 1943. He wears the typical LW ground troops camo smock and field-blue woolen uniform, and he is armed with the semi-automatic G-41(W) rifle. The...
  20. Fernandopm

SS-Obersturmführer, Germany 1945

SS-Obersturmführer, Germany 1945 This time I’d like to share with you a simpler figure than the last one. It is a Waffen-SS officer (SS-Obersturmführer) in the last weeks of WWII. He wears a non-regulation sheepskin jacket over his fieldgray uniform and is armed with a StG-44 assault rifle. It...
Back