• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Bronze Woundbadges?

Unkn0wn

Machine Gunner
Hey guys,

After browsing various websites and doing some more reading about the Wound badges I came to the discovery that most sites tell nothing about a "bronze woundbagde", even though there are bronze woundbagdes being manufactered by DML.

Is this a mistake by DML, maybey they figured if theres a gold and silver there would also be a bronze wound badge...

Or are these websites just incorrect and were there actual bronze woundbadges awarded to enlisted soldiers during WW2.

Thanks!

There were three wound badges:

Black, silver and gold.

Or four if you count the one awarded for being wounded during the attempt to murder Hitler with that bomb.

Unkn0wn";p="50194 said:
Hey guys,

After browsing various websites and doing some more reading about the Wound badges I came to the discovery that most sites tell nothing about a "bronze woundbagde", even though there are bronze woundbagdes being manufactered by DML.

Is this a mistake by DML, maybey they figured if theres a gold and silver there would also be a bronze wound badge...

Or are these websites just incorrect and were there actual bronze woundbadges awarded to enlisted soldiers during WW2.

Thanks!

Never heard of one in bronze. What DML figure has a bronze wound badge?

Wikipedia's entry for the wound badge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wound_Badge) states there was black, silver, and gold - with special versions for the attempt on Hitler's life on July 20 - but nothing about bronze.

Yea after checking several sources and the confirmation of you guys theres no doubt that there were only 3 types: black, gold and silver.

Yet DML and DiD both made Bronze Woundbadges, this must've been a mistake in their research as like I mentioned before, maybey they thought it'd be normal to have bronze badges aswell. (since theres silver & gold)

Heres proof:

I got both off Toy Soldier Brigade, I'm not sure if other shops are selling them aswell. The name sais Bronze Woundbadge.

alfons_1939_wound_badge.jpg

(the sourcename sais sometyhing about an Alfons)

keitel%20wound%20badge.jpg

(this ones from Keitel/greim according to the website)

I'm unaware of the exact figures these are from but since TSB normally gets them off figures it should imply that DML & DiD have both made a figure with a bronze wound badge.

Further aid on this mystery is welcome ;)

On the DiD Keitel box it says he was awarded the wound badge in black twice, althought the second award looks like it was for the July assassination attempt.

"Verwundeetenabzeichen, 1918 in Schwarz"
"Verwundeetenabzeichen, 20.07.1944 in Schwarz"

But DiD also included a Blue Max for Keitel which he never won, and it is not mentioned on the box, so go figure.

The actual wound badge in the kit does look bronze.

Bronze Woundbadge issued to DAK Troops for
Sunburn or Suntan!!!!!!
NO "nur ein Witz" there was but three as has been
said.
Useless Info: Many soldiers cleaned off old black
badges once they had received the "Gold" and used them in the Field as the metal was brass on
1939 issued black badges. This saved the new Gold
badge for dress or leaving at home.

Some wound badges especially silver would badges were made of Tomback which looks like bronze compaired to the kriesmetalle material(zinc). The silver wash does wear off badges and if the badge was made of tomback it would appear to be bronze. Black wound badges were nade of stamped brass(early) and steel there again as the paint wore off the early badges they too would appear to be bronze badges.

Back