• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Entry #15 "Sparky2286"

SgtRock

Site Admin
Hedgerow Killer

This entry depicts a lone 2nd SS Division PAK position somewhere in Normandy after the Allied Invasion. Dug into the Hedgerow deep into the Bocage, this AT gun crew patiently lies in wait for it's next target. With infantry and a Heavy MG for support against Allied infantry, these Soldats hope to hold off the progress of the Invading forces long enough to bring sufficient forces to bear in order to drive them back into the sea.

1%7E11.jpg

2%7E10.jpg

3%7E10.jpg

4%7E9.jpg

5%7E9.jpg

6%7E8.jpg

I thought this was one of the top 5 entries. I liked it a lot.
Maybe it was dock for some accuracy issues, I don't know.
Nice Pak and beautiful equipment, I thought it could have used a few close up shots of the troops to show more details of their equipment,instead of six wide pics. this being said, I still love it and think it was one of the most overlooked dios in the contest. Nice work!

Thanks guys, That makes me feel a lot better that some one appriciated my dio.

Big Red One, I was considering some close up shots but I couldn't decide which figure to focus on.

Ostfront, I have three PAK's and really love them, best thing 21st Century ever gave us German collectors IMHO.

Well I liked your dio Art! Quite apart from the cool figure grouping , I also appreciated how you somehow managed to make the setting in the real dirt and flora look as if it was also scale. 8-)

Great dio Sparky, well done, I can't help but think of the scene In "A Bridge To Far" when the Pak batteries open up on the Brittish tanks. Classic :)

Sparky, I think it's a wonderful second rendention of your "Pak Battery" that was posted some time ago.I'm flattered that you even considered my idea for an entry..Great job man..Hope I can help out in the future also..

Thanks John and Kev.

John, if it wasn't for your encouragement, I wouldn't have even gotten around to placing an entry in. Us Dark Sider's have got to stick together and I thought your Idea was great.

Dio looks better Everytime I look at it.

Kev's right, the outdoor setting and dirt work are very nice and really does set it off.

Sparky: No need to decide on what group to get close-ups of, Get them all ! I just concentrate on each group for 10-20 shots each, at as many possible angles as ya can get.

I took over 300 pics on my dio! Im still looking for that diamond in the rough.

Judges were nice enough to point out some oblvious accuracy errors in my dio. I just wonder what and if any accuracy errors cost you points. LOOKS GOOD TO ME!

Of course My Pak40's breech was on the ground and I had an Eastern Front Kubel whatever..... In a Western Front setting!! so don't ask me!

I knew my ignorance of them German Kettlmizer, doggsenburg thingamiggies, would come back to haunt me!

Once again, congratulations on a Grand Prize effort!

Fall Out!

Big Red One, I really have to thank you for your post, your words are most kind and encouraging. It's fellow collectors like yourself that encourage others to give it another shot next time around.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart and good luck to you on your next effort too.

Congrates Dennis and Thank you too.

Every one that took the time and placed any entry, weither they won or not, made this contest one for the books. Well done every one and I look forward to the next contest.

Art it was great fun watching you set up this as we spent a day makeing several Dios. I 'll looking forward to setting up with you again. Next time get Jack to crawl on the ground to get more shots LOL

Back