• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Entry #27 "Speerz"

SgtRock

Site Admin
June 6th, 1944...

As the 101st dropped behind enemy lines, the Germans open fired. Paratroopers were scattered all over Normandy, missing their DZ. Many were lost and alone, and many landed in hostile areas. Some had to fight
for their lives as soon as they hit theground.....many did not make it. This paratrooper took set up a defensive position in a crater as he fights for his life. He is sawrmed by an enemy patrol and fights back with his forty five (Because he lost his gear during the drop), he takes out three of them until he is finally put down. Later that day he was found by his childhood best friend....

The Unsung Hero

1%7E23.jpg

2%7E21.jpg

3%7E21.jpg

4%7E20.jpg

5%7E18.jpg

Speerz

You have nothing to be ashamed of here! Its suprising to see such great young talent in the hobby. ya need a painted sky background to really set this dio off. Nice work on the rifle weathering.

Nice work trooper!

Fall Out

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately that is our house wall, so if I paint it...I'm dead, LOL. Great idea though, as I am making a shelf do display my troops, so I'll probaly paint a back drop. And the moss for the base bugs the heck outta me! I have to water it so much. Thanks again!

I thought this was a well done shoot that told a story. For backrounds I've been experimenting with ho scale railroad backrounds. Look forward to seeing more of your work dude :)

Thanks Randy! Does anyone have suggestions (don't be scared, LOL) on how I could have made this dio better? I know that the para thats kneeling leg is posed weird, some white (Due to cat) shows through the base, and the shots were sorta blurry, but what could I have done better?

Thanks for the welcome comments Anouk and 75th Ranger!!! I had the info I wrote dowb, but I misplaced it at the moment. Perhaps I'll put up a how to (I know, I know, I said this before, but now I'm gonna do it for sure, lol) If not, I'll drop you a line :D

Very nice diorama! I think it's great!
One way around the pesky background problem is photoshop.
It has a very handy 'clouds' option in it's filters, which enables you to plonk your figure on the sky of your choice. I hope you don't mind me using your picture as an example.
Ain't computers great!?
clouds.jpg

Wow! That really does make a difference. Now I just have to search Adobe Photoshop for a cloud feature :D Yet another thing I want to learn. Thanks!!!

Back