• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Fields of Armor 88mm gun

Hammer's Africaners

First Sergeant
Private Scmidt has just been assigned to begin working on the new 88mm gun for his unit.

DSCF7751.JPG

What the instructions are in English!

The Sergeant says I will need to use a left handed L shaped crescent wrench and go to the tool room and get one.

He also said I would need a can of radio squelch to fill up the tires. Were will I find that? Oh he said go to the mess hall to get some.

Well I can make or fix anything with a BFH.
(Big f**king Hammer)

Better get to work or I will lose my weekend pass.

Here's my progress so far, just a few photos.

DSCF7738.JPG

DSCF7739.JPG

DSCF7740.JPG

DSCF7741.JPG

DSCF7742.JPG

DSCF7743.JPG

DSCF7745.JPG

DSCF7746.JPG

DSCF7747.JPG

Haven't started yet on the Trailer sections.
Lots of parts to go.

DSCF7748.JPG

DSCF7749.JPG

DSCF7750.JPG

Lots of work ahead.
Will keep you updated, thanks for looking.

Hammer

I've seen these on their FoA site and in two minds about getting one (though probably wait 'til the USD and AUD sort of even out a bit) so I'll be keeping a keen eye on this build and the pros and cons to it...good luck and looking forward to seeing how it all turns out...enjoy, Steve

Looking good. Did you order it with the trailer option? Am assuming it will be completed in North African campaign color scheme.

Leonard
RTT

Looking good. Did you order it with the trailer option? Am assuming it will be completed in North African campaign color scheme.

Leonard
RTT

The trailer comes with kit, shield has to be ordered separate, which I ordered also. I don't think you can order it without the trailer, wouldn't hurt to ask them.

She will be painted dark gray first, treated with rubber cement then a desert sand. Then rub off the points/parts with rubber cement to get a sand blasted weathered look.

Checked the websete again and it looks like it can be purchased in two ways, a complete kit with the trailer unit and as two separate kits with the trailer as an option.

Haven't heard of the rubber cement method for showing weathering so will be very interested in seeing the future posts of the weathering process.

Leonard
RTT

Rubber cement weathering, can't say I've heard of that process before...please tell me more. Also, how long did it take SoA to get the kit out to you?...reason I ask is that I've got two Goliath trailers ordered and paid for back in Feb but yet to receive them. Cheers, Steve

Well you've inspired me 'Hammer', I'm now the proud owner of a kit-form 'Field of Armor' '88 with standard shield and chain sets but minus the trailers which I'll get at a later date. This will be a next year job given I've still several models on the go for this year's ScaleACT which I'm hoping, despite the current COVID situation, will still go ahead...time and common sense pending. Cheers for the inspiration, Steve

Surely will do, thanks for the offer and I'll respond likewise should we both find something similar that needs sorting however, judging from the instruction manual, she looks pretty easy to put together but time will tell. I'll be doing mine up in Afrika Korps livery in the A/T role given w/crew. I'm looking at Wehrmacht firepower next year and several A/T guns will feature so the '88 and its much-feared reputation against Allied armour will feature highly amongst the various vignettes for next year. Cheers and thanks for the cudos, Steve

How much is this kit may I ask?

Only thing I see is end of barrel looks a tad bent, or could be as not glued in yet.

Last edited:
http://www.fieldofarmortanks.com/flak-36-8-8cm/

This link will give you all the costings in USD. Given I live in Australia and at the time of purchase it was around 65c USD for every AUD (slightly better rates at the moment) however there was no point dilly-dallying so I just bit the bullet...but, when all is said and done, I'm sure it'll be worth it come the finished product...if only model kits came with free time?

Cheers, Steve

Back