• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Garand Thumb

Kapernakis

Platoon Leader
Just something I put together after seeing this facepool head sculpt.

1944 basic training - Rifle range day

"You will now take one 8 round clip out of your ammo pouch."
172927661.ZrCyscpE.jpg

"Insert it into your rifle."
172927662.kHZQz57J.jpg

172927663.qn5scxxL.jpg

"And let the bolt go forward."
172927664.bMEbql69.jpg

And with that order there was a loud scream of pain.
172927665.zPQq13iV.jpg

172927666.v3iW3BMj.jpg

BEWARE the Garand bolt - very painful for your thumb!

Last edited:
Outstanding!!! Bet that happened a-lot in basic training. Great use of the head sculpt! Thanks for posting, had a big laugh with it :rock:

Haha, very nice by-frame series and the great thing I find about the 1/6th scale is the ability to capture the little things such as weapon actions. Thanks for sharing, Steve

ROTFLMAO....forgot the command" remove thumb". Also...been there done that. Heard it many times while firing on a KD range. Great vigninnette....luv it!

Thanks for the comments, glad you all liked it.
I have another facepool head sculpt ordered that was going to go with this scene, but it has not arrived yet.
Gotta love facepool for their expressions.
I will post 2 other scenes I made with facepool heads in the Out of Theater Operations because they are about Vietnam.

My father fought in Korea and told me many times of how thsn happened to him. Thanks for posting.
Bob

Hey Bob

What division was your father in? Mine was in Korea in the Army 50th AAA (M16 half tracks and M19 GMC), attached to the 1st Marines and fought at the Chosin Reservoir.

Leonard

Back