• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

High leg gebirgsjager puttees

johkaz

Company Commander
Hi,

I wonder if anyone has any pictures, of the high leg puttees that i have seen a Gebirgsjager general wearing?
I have a picture here somewhere of the general, but i want to find out some answers to the following questions about the puttees.

1. Do the high leg puttees fasten the same way as the Toys City short puttees at the end?

gebirgs19_zps47d4aac6.jpg
gebirgs18_zpsac555aac.jpg

2. Was it only the general who wore them, or would they have been worn by lower ranking officers?

3. Can any of the recent 1/6th WW1 high leg puttees be used on a WW2 Gebirgsjager figure.

Thanks.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Those are the high puttees I did in the past. I used "cinta de bies", it works perfectly.

100_2652.jpg

100_2651.jpg

An interesting photo of a GJ officer with high puttees. Early at war ? Note the belt cross strap.

GJpolainasaltas_zps972374f5.jpg

Hope this helps,

Jaime.

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply and the images..

The bias tape you used on your figure looks excellent, it is wound tight and also everthing is in scale as well.
The cross strap looks interesting as well.

Gary

If you can find one, the old BBi DAK Gebirgsjager 'Rudi Kessling' came with knee-high puttees:
Rudi%20Kessling%20B.jpg

The standard puttees (Wickelgamaschen) were only 73 cm (a little over 2 feet) long, and therefore were only long enough to wrap the ankle area. The longer knee-high ones were not issue items, but were privately purchased by individuals. As a result, you're more likely to see them among officers.

In place of the puttees, you also often see photos of Gebirgsjagers (especially officers and NCOs) wearing their trousers tucked into or bloused over tall, thick wool socks. For example:
newgjbook05jh0.jpg

Last edited:
Back