• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Jack Yang (aka: jackntbox)

jackntbox

Mortarman
Well here goes,

I've been an actor working in Hollywood for the last 12 years. If you're curious check out : http://pro.imdb.com/name/nm1555268/ or www.jackyang.org.

From the beginning I was fascinated with war and especially WWII. I've been building 1/35th tanks, figures, etc. since I was old enough to hold a brush and use a knife. I got into RC cars for a while then, nothing. In the last 10 years or so I've collected 1/6th WWII everything. I think I have enough now, but you know how that goes. I'm even into RC WWII 1/6th warplanes. $$$$$$!!!! Yikes!

I've also been sculpting 1/6th RC Stuart tracks to fix the detail of the toy Stuart so it looks more like a real one. I'm on the Stuart battalion yahoo group. That project has become my life. I'm always making stuff for the Stuart now since I personally own 6 of them.

I've gotten a kick out of making rolling pin toys into fully functioning RC vehicles. Seems like I'm always making something. I just recently got into making headsculpts and find it to be very satisfying and I continue to make more. The reason why I am making all this stuff is so I can tell the story of war and peace using 1/6th as a medium. You've all seen the stuff on YouTube and all I can really say about my film is it will looking like nothing that anyone has ever seen before. Stay tuned because you will know when it comes out. It is going to be something very special and close to my heart. Thanks for looking and I look forward to meeting more enthusiasts who share my passion for 1/6th WWII.

Sincerely,

Jack Yang

I remember seeing you on CSI Miami when that episode aired. Nice to have a film and tv star here amoung us

Hey Jack, I recognize you from the Yahoo group. Welcome aboard! If you're into 1/6 (i know you are), this is a great place. Pull up and a chair and hang out. I remember the episode of C.S.I. Miami.
Cool.

Mark.

Thanks for all the kind words,

Wow, I guess CSI Miami is a lot more popular than I thought. I love this group/board and look forward to many more interactions with like-minded members. This is a good place for me to be creative with my hands and imagination.

Jack

I've dealt with Jack. I bought a Monty head from him. It arrived quickly and was an absolutely excellent product. I haven't started painting mine yet but I can tell from the quality and the finish that it is going to be a joy to paint.
Welcome to the board Jack.
Don't forget when all the WW2 leaders are done we need a Sand Pebbles version of Steve McQueen.

Tim

Hi Tim,

As you know as with the real Steve McQueen he was never expected and always showed up as a pleasant surprise. His head sculpt will be the same. You just never know when he will show up! You will be the first to know. I promise.

Jack

I want to give Jack his due. On time, in perfect shape and as promised, Jack delivered his field kitchen food containers. Guys, they are a bargain and look terrific.
Great work, Jack...what else do you have up your sleeve?

Just bought four of Jack's US drums and delivery to here in the UK was quicker than some Brits manage !!

Excellent product and super smooth transaction.

Adrian.

Just recived my order from Jack and WOW!!!!! AWESOME stuff and real stand up guy to deal with!If your looking for kool kitchen gear get them before its to late.

Got a couple of the German food containers from Jack, really nice items. A great guy to deal with. Looking forward to ordering more from him to complete my field kitchen.

Back