• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

James De Simone- sixth months ago may 04, 08

Actionfigureman09

Company Commander
Well, Now that it's been six months, I figured I would post my experience. I just felt that this needed to be posted. PLEASE NOTE
the curse words towards the end are quotes from James, the first time i posted this there was confusion, and it seemed as if I was cursing at him.

Nine months ago, when I first began this hobby, my first ( started) purchase was with James De Simone;the item, an opel blitz.

I'll completly shorten the whole story, just because I don't want to make it confusing as I did before.

After ordering the item from him off of ebay, I contacted him about my payment cost, which he said needed to be a money order of $158.00. I didn't feel comfortable doing that, so I asked if I could pay using credit card( not much safer, lol), which he denied. So, I sent the money to him in check form, and told him via email.

Two weeks later, I had heard nothing from him, so I sent him an e-mail asking if he had recieved the check yet. He said that he hadn't, and so I told him that I was cancelling the old check, and sending another. About 4 days later i contacted him again. He said he had recieved the check, but he hadn't cashed it yet because he was waiting for an old bounced check to clear. Confused, I left it alone for a while.

After two weeks, I started to get annoyed. So I went down to check if he had cashed the check at my local bank. There, I got a check with his signature, made out to cash. So, I decided to contact De Simone and demand my opel, considering that he had had the money for two weeks.

In reply, I recieved an e-mail saying "You have drawn first blood" and ranting on from there with lies about how he recieved the old cancelled check ,oddly, a day before the check which was the payment. He said that he had tried to cash the old check and had it bounce(despite the fact that i had told him it was cancelled)

Following is the email he sent me......

i did get a check, 2 weeks - one month late after auction and long after you
sent it...you said you would send another and sure enough, 2 days later i
get a check.
i deposited it and it bounced- BOUNCED LIKE A RUBBER BALL. who knows what
the fees are for that???
2 days later i get the second check in the mail... when MY bank(not you)
tells me it clears, i will send your item.
dont push it, you are drawing first blood here...

Then I got my brother involved who helped me with contacting ebay to get his profile suspended for a while, also, I sent him another e-mail explaining some things, and asking some questions and soon i recieved this

f#@! you, your mother, your sister, daughter and your brother! now
what are you going to do about it? are you man, sissy or homo?

i will never read or respond to another email from any of your 5 existing
email accounts or whatever 20 others you may have.

be prepared to pay COD shipping charges for the item.

so long mutherfu2!@.

So , i blocked his e-mail

After about a month and a half, I did get it, making it about three months total. I strongly suggest using caution when buying from him on ebay, whether it be a book or something other. I think that it would be best if you didn't buy from him at all. Sorry for the long wait :oops:

By the time i had gotten the item, a free opel from Tim Loeb was a couple of days away from my house. Again THANK YOU VERY MUCH Tim for that.

Back