• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Mast, Steel, Telescoping 20 Ft., Antennae Vertical ZA/CAN 1035

Johnny Canuck

Battalion Commander
Mast, Steel, Telescoping 20 Ft., Antennae Vertical ZA/CAN 1035

Mast, Steel, Telescoping 20 Ft., Antennae Vertical
PC 82495C-230 ZA/Can 1035
Made in Canada 1945 By
Campbell MFG. Co. Ltd.

The British used a series of 'D' Rods for the same task, the Canadians also used 'D' Rod antennea but we also manufactured telescoping aerial masts and 34' aerial antennea.
I haven't dug up a good reference to the ground spike and mount for the mast yet so I mounted it on an M3 which will be a Sigs truck with WS No.19 HP and WS No.18.

So here is a 20' mast deployed with 4 sections of 'F' Rods on top to make an aerial that is 36'.
The model is fully funtioning and compresses down to about 5' 6" when stowed. There is an error in attaching the insulators and my guy wires are a bit short. These issues will be corrected after the paintshop.

20footmast003c.jpg

20footmast022c.jpg

20footmast040c.jpg

20footmast044c.jpg

20footmast073c.jpg

20footmast076c.jpg

Aerial 34' ZA/CAN 00033 same as 20' with an extra section and all sections are about 6" longer.
telescopicradioaerialgr.jpg

20' Mast ZA/CAN 00034
wirelesssetno1920fttele.jpg

Guy ropes, plastic insulators and quick release snaps.

20' tip and tail detail with mount for 'F' Rods.

Original transit box which would contain a 20' mast and 34' aerial.

JC

Last edited:
Too cool JC. I really like the set up and I like having the WSC as a radio truck.
A structure like this antenna set up really brings focus into a diorama, there is so much potential for a command set up. All the comings and goings, variety of vehicles etc. This is very impressive.

Back