• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

'Papa' Ringel Questions....

Heeresbergführer, I'm working on a Ringel HS. I've got the sculpting finished, and am beginning to paint him. I have tried taking pics of him to post, but I have the worst Kodak digital camera known to man (I'm not cheap, I'm just a traditionalist and prefer 35mm), and all the pics are too fuzzy. Anyway, I was just wondering if you happen to know what color his eyes were, and if his hair was black or brown. I need info on his insignia and awards, as well. Also, what uniform would you recommend? I was thinking DiD's Keitel, since his uni looks oversized and Ringel was a big man. Thanks.

Jamie C. Kendall
Finger Lakes, New York

Grüß Di' Gebirgler Jamie,

Sounds great. Would love to see some photos of your Ringel HS. Take some pics with your 35mm and get a CD made of your shots and post them! I don't know the color of his eyes. Here's a portrait of him that I have as a postcard:

generalpaparingel6vf.jpg

5gjdcommanderjuliusringeldu9.jpg

Hurra die Gams!

Danke, Heeresbergführer. His eyes look green from that portrait, but they could be brown, too. That is the portrait that has me confused about his hair color. The hair under his hat looks black, but the gamsbart looks brown. In most photos I can see some grey mottled in.

Jamie C. Kendall
Finger Lakes, New York

Servus Jäger Jamie,

I think you would be safe with black and some gray...I don't think he was using "Grecian Formula!" :-P

Drei mal Horrido!

For me his eyes at the postcard seem to be a greyish-blue ...

Please show us some pictures of the steps up to the finished HS !!!

Best, J.

kendalljamie,I have been trying to find a Ringel looking HS for a couple of years with NO luck.
Is there any chance you will be making these HS to sell? I would really like one.
GJ

Back