• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Steel Dragons

Re: Steel Dragons AFV

Hi Guys

Since my last post here a month ago a lot has happened. We now have proof that Tripp has copied one of Armorpax parts, you can read about it in Dave's post in this forum. Since my last post this thread has received over 1600 hits, which means most members are reading it. But still Steel Dragons are receiving orders from people that are either not aware of his unethical practices or don't care and the bottom line for them is to save a buck or two. The fact that Tripp is stealing and making a profit from others hard work does not seem to effect some people. These sort of people are no better than he is and are a detriment to the hobby.

Here are Tripp's latest copies/recasts of my parts just posted in this New Year. "Good Will To All Men" does not seem to be in his vocabulary.

Four more of my parts recast.

sdcopy01.jpg

sdcopy02.jpg

sdcopy03.jpg

sdcopy04.jpg

sdcopy05.jpg

sdcopy06.jpg

Since I first found a recast of one on my parts on his web site in October of 2010 I have proof of 15 parts that he has recast, copied or re-engineered. He currently has 76 of my parts listed on his web site, most of which he can not possibly have original stock of. So I must assume that most of these parts have also been copied as my last delivery to him was in August 2010 and the quantity of parts he has received from me over the preceding years would not sustain a stock of parts for over 2 years.

For those that have not seen it I have a PDF File on Steel Dragons showing proof of how I know he has recast my parts and also spread sheets on the quantities of parts he purchased from me during 2005 to 2010 when I stopped doing business with him.

Heres the Link: http://www.afceremonials.com/steeldragons/

I know that most of the members of this hobby are great guys and would not condone this sort of practice, but those that do just encourage the Tripp's in this world to continue. Make a stand for what is right and support your honest dealers, advise your friends that may be new to the hobby and not aware of the practices of Steel Dragons and Richard Tripp.

Here is a montage of my parts I have proof he has copied.

sdcopy07.jpg

Regards
Mike

That's a good start. I have no horse in this race but those that do may want to follow through with a complaint and get there money back.
I hate to see any 1/6 etailer/customizer/supplier go out of business but this guy needs to go.

That's a good start. I have no horse in this race but those that do may want to follow through with a complaint and get there money back.
I hate to see any 1/6 etailer/customizer/supplier go out of business but this guy needs to go.

True....but his business is founded on taking others work and knocking it off. And from what I've read at inferior quality.

Every dollar that goes to any knock-off company is a dollar that can't be used for the creation of new items by the creative, original manufacturer. In the end, it means that we don't get new products, plain and simple.

Back