• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

thegreatshaggy

fusilier1944

Company Commander
I just sold something to Pete and since the Army brings him up my way I was able to meet in person for the exchange. We had a good chat about real life and the hobby. Everything went smooth, he's a real honest guy from my experience with him. Thanks dude!

(Not sure if this belongs in with the "T" or the "G" section but since he was in this area on the 6th Div I did the same here.)

Hey Pete, sorry for being slow to post feedback.

I just completed a trade with Pete. Completely smooth transaction. Consistent commo andPete shipped item immediately.

Trade with TGS with confidence.

I just finished a smoothe transaction with Pete. Everything went well, he shipped very quickly, was great with communication, and gave me a good price.

Thanks,
Ben

Hey Guys thanks for all the feedback left above.

Well where to start for me, well I got into the hobby a little over ten years ago collecting 21st Century Toys and then made the job up to Dragon. I started off collecting modern and then caught the WWII bug, then got sick of it and went back to modern, and then caught the WWII bug and then it was off and now back to stay for my primary area of collecting interest balanced out with some modern and scifi/video game/movie figures here and there. So that pretty much explains the hobby portion.

As for the rest, well served 8 years in the US Army with three combat deployments to Iraq starting in March 2003 and the last one ending in Janurary 2009 a few months before I got out. Currently reside in Camillus, NY and dream of someday having my own place where I can host get togethers from fellow collectors in the frozen Northeast to come together for photoshoots and BBQ while swapping items and stories afterwards.

As for WWII history, both my grandfathers and a lot of my uncles served in the military both in the Army, Navy, and Marines and only about ten years ago did I start learning more of what they did from stories my grandmother would tell me about my grandfather or his brothers. I talked to one of my uncles who was a PLT Tank Commander in 4th Armored Division who had five tanks shot out around him from tangling with various German Panzers. I'm a pretty much self proclaimed WWII history buff that tries to learn as much as possible from the time era either watching movies, reseraching, or reading various books on the time period. I'm also a collector of vintage WWII firearms and have avrious examples of American and German firearms in my collection, my prize pieces being that of a functioning Sturmgewehr 44 and a 1942 Springfield M1 Garand Rifle.

I just finished a trade with Pete and it could not have gone better. He got the package off fast and even included a surprise extra for me for which Iam GREATLY thankful for. I really needed that Pete!
I can highly reccommend him to trade with,he is a great guy and I would trade with him again anytime.
Thanks for everything Pete!
GJ

Just completed a deal with Pete and couldn't be more pleased. Shipping was fast and the price was super as well. Highly recomend dealing with Pete. Thank you very much Pete it's been a pleasure.... Harold

Just completed a GREAT trade with Pete!

Excellent communication throughout and fast shipping!

We swapped some harder to find items that made this trade even sweeter!

Thanks again for a great trade, Pete!

Fred

Back