• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Tony Barton

I didn't see a bio from Mr. Barton so I thought I'd start a feedback thread. I just received a large order from Mr. Barton and all I can say is WOW. The order took all of a week to arrive here in KY. from U.K. . It was nicely packaged. And well, I don't have to tell anyone the product. First class all the way! I HIGHLY recommened his products and his service is second to none. I'll be doing much more business very soon. Thanks!

Daniel

Mr. Barton is a pleasure to deal with. Prompt replies to emails, and his work on cap badges is unmatched. My order took all of a week to cross the pond too and it's just the thing to finish up my figure. Thanks again Tony!

Tony is one of the true gentlemen in modelling, and a master of his craft, although he is tremendously modest.

He's always prepared to share his knowledge with his excellent tutorials, and is also a great judge - he judged the recent 1/6th comp over on OSS.

Tony's 'day job' is sculpting amazing 1/76th (or 20mm) scale figures (http://www.abfigures.co.uk), so I suppose working in 1/6th is a doddle for him!

He's also an expert on 16th century music and he resurrected the York 'Waits' band, which became a model for others that followed.

His HS and cap badges are second to none, and, to cap it all, he's got a great sense of humour (his 'Bendies' will be known to people here who are also members of OSS), and is also a tremendously nice bloke!

me 2

I also ordered some sculpted HS from Mr.Barton. After what you all have said, I cant wait to whats to come in my mailbox!!!!

Hi,

I ordered and just received some HS from Mr. Barton and I just have to say that they are awesome in every detail. It took 2 weeks to arrived but they are worth the wait (from U.K. to Puerto Rico). Thanks a lot Mr. Barton and keep doing this nice works of art.

Tony is an excellent person, always prepared to talk and share yours knowledge.

A pleasure.

And a awesome modellist.

Thanks Tony.

Hey guys (and gals!): if you can give the HS painting a whirl you really should try one of Tony's masterpieces. The detail is fantastic, and my 6 heads arrived in perfect shape within a week (!).

If you don't paint, consider having a talented member paint up a couple for you. The difference between even a decent paint job and the stock paint is huge, and the painters are reasonably priced...just a thought.

Hi,

I just complete my second deal with Mr Barton and this time I got the heads one week after the deal. Thanks Tony and keep doing this great work of art.

A couple of other comments on Mr. Barton's work:
-His sculpts have very little cleanup (in my case none at all). I've ordered other unpainted sculpts and taken much time to putty and sand...tedious work that makes the overall sculpt just not worth the effort.
-Stripping DML/DID sculpts is touchy work, and your priming has to be done well or serious problems arise. The Barton HS's are a nice tint and there is no worries about stripping.
-The detail is the industry standard...and putting your own touch is very rewarding. You'll do better than you think, and be more satisfied than with the pre-painted big box sculpts.

Just finished my third deal with Mr Barton and everything went smooth and fast. I highly recommend him to everybody .

Back