• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Trying to contact James van Spronsen

armorpax

Battalion Commander
Hi All,

I have been trying to contact James for some time now without success, does anyone know if he is OK as he has not replied to any PM's or emails for a few weeks now and is normally pretty good on responding. If anyone know's him or how to contact him good they kindly drop me a line,

Best regards

Dave

I talked to James this morning.
He has been in California helping to fight wildfires. and does not have access to a computer.
He is aware that he owes you guys.
As soon as he gets back he'll take of you guys.

I have held off on this as long as possible but as all other options seem to have failed I feel like this is the only way to resolve an issue with James.

At the beginning of October I paid James $124 for an order of his crates and as I have bought from him before and received a good service thought nothing more of it, around the time of OSF I chased the order and received the following from James

Dave,
I must apologize. Shortly after your order came in, I left town until last night. I am a volunteer firefighter and have been back and forth across the country in California fighting the wildfires. I’m not sure if you have seen footage of the scale of these, but it was immense. Like nothing I’ve seen before, and hope to not see again.

I have just packed your order along with a few extras due to the delay and will get it out at once. Now, I think I’ll tray and catch up on nearly a months worth of non existent sleep!

Take care,
James

At this point I thought fair play, I had seen the fires etc and understood perfectly, I also understood while we were in Vegas that it had finally all been brought under control and the fire hazard had receded. Since then I have tried contacting James repeatedly but to date nearly 3 months later I have still not received any crates or any answers to the numerous emails sent.

Having posted a request on the forums trying to contact James a number of board members have tried to help including hansalbin who posted the following reply around 10 days ago.

I talked to James this morning.
He has been in California helping to fight wildfires and does not have access to a computer.
He is aware that he owes you guys.
As soon as he gets back he'll take of you guys

The following is in no way aimed at those involved in trying to sort this out but is merely my take on the info that has been given and the fact that time is still ticking away with no contact from James.

It would appear from information I was given last night (18th Jan) that it has been raining a fair bit in California since December and that the wild fires have not really been an issue either, I have to say I also find it odd that a fireman (whether volunteer or regular) would be expected to work 3 months without a break? If I’m wrong please accept my apologies but to be honest I am starting to feel like I’m being fed a load of ****.

I am very patient and really would prefer to receive the crates I ordered but have reached a point where enough is enough; having tried to register a dispute with paypal last night they informed me that the resolution centre does not cover a direct transaction so hence I am here writing this.

If anyone can contact James or knows anything relevant that mitigates the above please let my know by email or PM, if I cannot resolve this by the end of January I will have to consider taking further action.

Dave

Dave,
I can tell you that, since I live in L.A., we haven't had a problem with the wildfires since it was on the news last year. Even at the time that JVS talked to Hansalbin, the fires had long been over.

Good luck on getting your money back.

CC

James agreed to do a custom wig job for me for $40. I not sonly sent him the head but the rabbit fur for the hair, 2 helmets with custom Nam leaf camo covers on them so he could find the right fit and his fee of $40. To date I have nothing but excuses and wild stories. He was supposed to have been finished on Super Bowl Sunday of last year. Then his mother was sick and he had to commute back and forth taking care of her until April then nothing until I got a one way email, through some kind of service I could not respond to, saying he was out of the country and his Government Contract would be up on July 31st and he would square things upon his return. Then nothing, no responses to any emails or P.M.s or anything else. As Dave has written and has been corroberated the fires were out long ago and Michigan would not send firefighters to California anyway.

I'm out one custom cast head, 2 helmets with $20 worth of custom Nam Leaf Camo covers, $40 and some rabbit fur.

:@

I'm not a happy camper and doubt any one would like to be ripped off either....

Back