• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by chunks

1. C

12inch soldier?

google search on "12inchsoldier.com" returns with the warning "This site may be hacked" message You'll see the message "This site may be hacked" when we believe a hacker might have changed some of the existing pages on the site or added new spam pages. If you visit the site, you could be...
  2. C

Flaptop

Just received two MAS-36 rifles from Weylen, beautiful work! Thanks Weylen.
  3. C

Passing Of Richard Pearman

Sad news. I've never met Richard and Rhonda in person or even casually. They've both been kind and helpful anyway. A great loss and my best wishes to Richard's family. Now is the time when we dance in memoriam... Render Salute!
  4. C

Italian 47mm gun questions?

The only place I'd found for the ammo has been Twisting Toyz own website. http://www.twisting-toyz.com/inglese/news/scheda.php?lng=ENG&id=47 I understand that the metal clips are seats for the gun crew, but haven't figured out how to attach them.
  5. C

US lower bodies!?!?!

Back in the early/mid 70's as a tanker I was issued brown wool pants and heavy brown wool shirt as cold weather gear. They, along with the .45 and grease gun I'd been issued, had ww2 dates on them. I think this might be where hollywood come up with the brown pants as used in Combat!, Kelly's...
  6. C

John's Stuff...Hello. Are you there?

About a year or so ago now, he'd announced that his business was for sale.
  7. C

Twisting Toyz Gone?

Ok, it sounds like Cotswold has received enough orders to hold for now. "Dario" is now scheduled for 2Q 2010.
  8. C

Twisting Toyz Gone?

I've asked Cotswold for clarification about "Dario" no longer being listed. Last week it was shown as expected 4Q of 2009, now it's just gone. Yeah, now that you've mentioned it, they also show most TT on sale. Sad if they are going away.
  9. C

Twisting Toyz Gone?

Cotswold no lists "Dario" for preorder, not a good sign. Has anyone heard anything?
  10. C

Where's metalbox?

http://www.metalboxmodels.com/
  11. C

Whoo Hoo, a Welbike!!

http://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GITMO-WEL No relationship to the seller.
  12. C

US Para with C-47 Section?

Thanks guys, found one and he's on the way now.
  13. C

That's the very one!! Thanks very much.
  14. C

Does anyone here recall which figure this is? I'm pretty sure it's Dragon, but it doesn't appear in their archives. Thanks once again.
  15. C

CH German Military Wheel Sets question

Ya know, I believe that's it!! I do have that gun with the rubber tires, but discarded the idea due to the difference in diameter. But it now looks like these might just be right. Thanks very much.
Back