• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

John's Stuff...Hello. Are you there?

Sourdoh

Battalion Commander
Does anyone know what happened to John's Stuff? For a long time his site had an announcement that he was hooking up with a "major retailer" soon, but now the site itself is gone and all you get is a "under construction" site.

Thanks. Here I am living within driving distance of Monkey Depot, and I didn't even know they had them. I sure hope Brady doesn't put a frowny face next to my name on his mailing list. I just looked, and MD has all the John's Stuff decal sheets! Cool!

Last time I talked to John he said he was running out of ink for his decals and was looking to sell off his business. He said other person/vendor would take over but i Haven heard from him in over a year. I hope he comes back soon, he has a command car of mine that he was going to convert to a WC-63.

MD hasn't all John's Stuff decal sheets.

No british decals.

I ask it and tell me only have sheets showed.

Wrong news for british fans

You can print your own decals using an inkjet printer and special decal paper. In the UK I get mine from:

http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/productlist.asp?catid=14&RootCatID=14

I have used these with success. The difficult part is that printer ink is so easily soluble. You need to apply quite a few coats of a clear matt varnish (eg Testors dullcote) before you can safely put the decals in water. You also need to take care that you don't overdo any one coat of the clear varnish.

AllanW";p="148935 said:
You can print your own decals using an inkjet printer and special decal paper. In the UK I get mine from:

I have used these with success. The difficult part is that printer ink is so easily soluble. You need to apply quite a few coats of a clear matt varnish (eg Testors dullcote) before you can safely put the decals in water. You also need to take care that you don't overdo any one coat of the clear varnish.

Thanks for tip Allan

AllanW";p="148935 said:

Or you can use a product called Last Step from SuperCal, which is made for the purpose and requires only one coat.

The problem with inkjet decals of course is you can't print white.

K.

My fault for dropping the ball on this announcement:

Monkey Depot has entered into an agreement with John to take over production and sales for the John's Stuff line of decals. I have been in this hobby a long time and have bought from John for years. John Ivory is a great guy and I am thrilled to have his line at Monkey Depot. I was holding off on making the announcement till I had all the files ready for production. Over the years, John's line has gotten pretty extensive. Before we will sell a set, I have to go through the files and production check each one with test prints. This can be pretty time consuming and there never seems to be enough hours in the day at Monkey Depot. As noted, we have not gotten to the British sets yet. They will be done soon as well as the rest of the sets in the line. You can see what is available now by going to the Monkey Depot homepage and selecting John's Stuff from the manufacturer drop down menu.

http://www.monkeydepot.com/SearchResults.asp?mfg=John's+Stuff\

Thanks Brady for this info.

Great news, British sets soon.

Now, I don't have excuses for start to kitbash my british vehicles

Back