• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. K

German Paratrooper in North Africa

Hello, here is my latest figure: a German paratrooper in the North African desert. He is loosely based upon a photo (shown), in which a paratrooper has a full beard. I hope you like him. Thanks for looking. Hot Toys H/S and body, DML uniform and DID gear.
  2. K

Lt. Cross 101st Airborne

Hi, this is my first American figure. Hot toys H/S and body with DID Ross uniform, which I weathered. I made the base. I hope you like him! Thanks for looking.
  3. K

Waffen SS special on Miltary Channel

The Military Channel is going to have a special on the Waffen SS on tuesday 12-04-07. It's part of their 'Weaponology' series. Just a heads up.
  4. K

Luca as a P.O.W.

During WWII, over 51,000 of the over 425,000 prisoners of war held in the United States were Italian. The Italian POWS were sent to camps across the United States - in Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Utah, California, Indiana and elsewhere. By Prisoner of War standards the Italians fared well. They...
  5. K

Nembo with samurai vest

I've done a couple Nembo before (but never with a samurai vest). I recently got this H/S, and I was inspired to make one more. Thanks for looking.
  6. K

Mortally wounded Alpini after mortar attack *graphic*

I was motivated to do this dio for a few reasons: I just watched 'Band of Brothers' and was moved by the mortar attack scene in the Ardenne, I had a Sideshow body with a broken leg, and I liked the idea of the contrast between blood and snow. Strangely, I was a bit melancholy after...
  7. K

Regia Marina sailor in summer uniform

This is my second Italian sailor, this time the figure is dressed in a summer uniform. I have included one of the reference photo's that a friend from the Italian forums was kind enough to give me. Thanks for looking.
  8. K

German Rocket Troop

This is another alternate WW2 figure I made in the vein of Dust. This time it's a German rocket trooper. He is equipped with an oxygen tank, a Valkyrie jet pack and an M1945 machine pistol, which fires armor piercing rounds. This may be posted in the wrong spot and if so, please move him. I...
  9. K

Italian Submariner

There were 172 Italian submarines active during WW2, which conducted 1750 missions. 122 Italian submarines were lost and 33,000 Italian sailors lost their lives. This figure is based on an Italian submariner in partial cold weather clothing. His leather jacket protects him from the elements. I...
  10. K

Pilot Capitano, 15th 'La Disperata' Squadron in flying gear

The 15th 'La Disperata' Bombardamento Terrestre Squadron was based at Asmara in Eritrea during the Italian invasion of Ethiopia. It was regarded as the most Fascist unit in the Italian Air Force. The flying suit, helmet goggles and large pockets were common to almost all airmen in the late...
  11. K

Nembo, truppa del razzo

This figure represents a union of two subjects that I enjoy: Italian WW2 figures and Paolo Parente's Dust. I don't think Dust has an Italian element that I'm aware of, but I've always wanted to make a figure loosely based on that genre. And so here it is. This Nembo truppa del razzo is...
  12. K

RSI- Republican National Guard (GNR)

Many of the Volunteers on both sides of the vicious fighting between the Fascists and the anti-fascists were 15 years old or younger. This young private of the post Armistice successor organiization to the MVSN wears a summer version of its uniform, consisting of an (oversized) khaki...
  13. K

Soldato, 'Gioto' Bersaglieri Battalion

This light infantry private displays examples of features retained by Italians fighting on the Allied side. He wears an Mk II British steel helmet with the famous cockerel feathers of the Bersaglieri attached to the right side and the badge of that corps stencilled on the front in black. Italian...
  14. K

1st Albanian Legion MVSN 1941

This unit consisted of Albanians recruited since the take over of their country by Italy in April 1939. Most Albanian units were very unreliable-some shot their Italian officers and deserted. This particular Legion came out of the fighting in Greece with credit. This figure wears the standard...
  15. K

The strange case of father Angelo Fantoni and Incident #27

Ok, what the heck, I'll submit something. I just had to think how to incorporate an Italian figure for the Halloween bash. First a bit of backstory: Details of ‘incident #27' are murky due to Vatican secrecy, but what is known is as follows: In 1941, after the Axis invasion of Yugoslavia...
  16. K

Sergente maggiore, 7th Bersaglieri Regt, 'Trento' Mot Div

A sergeant-major of the famous light infantry corps sports their flamboyant cockerel feathers on his tropical helmet. The popular Sahariano jacket bears the double crimson collar flames of the Bersaglieri, and his yellow rank chevrons on both upper sleeves. Because of the extreme desert heat...
  17. K

Help with Italian uniforms

Hi guys, Can anyone recommend an on-line store that sells Italian stuff? I'm looking for Aurelio's uniform and can only find it at Echobase toys and they are (in my opinion) overpriced. I've tried monkeydepot, krak-troops, toyanxiety, Redplanettoys, thebattlerhino, toysoldierbrigade and a...
  18. K

Italian tank crewman, 'Ariete' Division, Libya 1941

This M13/40 tank crewman wears the distinctive clothing of Italian armored troops in both Europe and North Africa: a black leather crash helmet, a black leather double breasted coat with the army's universal white metal stars on the collar and underneath, blue linen overalls. His equipment...
  19. K

Go to your God like a soldier

Firing squads were a common occurrence in WW2. These two Italian soldiers are going to their end in two very different ways, and without the benefit of blindfolds. The subject on the right is still defiant, a firm believer in the fascist cause to the end and his military bearing and arrogance...
  20. K

Somali Dubat, assigned to Italian medical corps.

Dubats was the designation given to armed irregular bands employed by the Italian Regio Corpo Truppe Coloniali or colonial army, in Italian Somalia from 1924 to 1941. The word "dubats" was derived from a Somali phrase meaning "white turbans". After 1935 the Dubats dyed their turbans and two...
Back