• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

The strange case of father Angelo Fantoni and Incident #27

kaisersozay

Machine Gunner
Ok, what the heck, I'll submit something. I just had to think how to incorporate an Italian figure for the Halloween bash. First a bit of backstory:

Details of ‘incident #27' are murky due to Vatican secrecy, but what is known is as follows:

In 1941, after the Axis invasion of Yugoslavia, the Italian army occupied large portions of the country, including Slovenia. Partisan attacks were common and large numbers of Italian soldiers were garrisoned in the country.

In September 1943, a string of attacks against a local Italian garrison in a hamlet located in a heavily wooded area in southern Slovenia were particularly brutal. The attacks were always at night and the soldiers were always alone when killed. The bodies were desecrated and partially eaten.

At first, partisans were suspected but standard anti-partisan tactics failed and the killings continued. Details are cloudy but a supernatural connection was quickly established by a local catholic priest.

Through a circuitous route, the Vatican was contacted and they agreed to send Father Angelo Fantoni to investigate. Father Fantoni was a senior exorcist of Vatican City.

Father Fantoni was accompanied by a small number of elite ‘Nembo’ paratroops and they journeyed to the secluded hamlet. Fantoni was geared in a modified Nembo uniform and was rumored to carry the femur of a saint, among other holy trinkets. Father Fantoni immediately evacuated all the remaining residents of the town, including the original Italian garrison, which was sent to a neighboring village

The events that transpired in the town are not clear, but nine days later Father Fantoni walked out of the town and appeared at the neighboring village. His appearance shocked the commander of the Italian garrison. His jet black hair was now snow white, his face gaunt and he had deep cuts and bite marks over his body.

When asked about his ‘Nembo’ companions, he told the commander they were all dead. He ordered the commander to return to the village and burn it to the ground and to sow the fields with salt.

The village’s name was subsequently stricken from any maps and the occurrence is now only known as Incident #27 in the Vatican archives.

Father Fantoni never publicly spoke about the events that transpired in the Slovenian village. He died in 1992.

priest.jpg

priest001.jpg

priest004.jpg

priest005.jpg

priest002.jpg

priest007.jpg

Thanks for looking and Happy Halloween!

Christopher Lee as an Italian paratrooper exorcist! Just when you think you've seen everything in 1/6th, someone comes up with another imaginative figure.

Great job, and great story.

ActionMan";p="97739 said:
Christopher Lee as an Italian paratrooper exorcist! Just when you think you've seen everything in 1/6th, someone comes up with another imaginative figure.

Great job, and great story.

Thanks!

Back