• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

11th Airborne circa 1957 Fort Campbell KY

SLICK7

Company Commander
I've always wanted to take the time to do a tribute to my father. He died 3 years ago and I seem to miss him more with each passing day. I wish he was alive to see the figure, he would get a kick out of it. I used/scanned and printed the actual patches from his uniform to make those on the figure. Here is a brief history of his time in the US Military.
1953: US Civil Air Patrol
1954: 50th Armor, National Guard
1955: 69th Infantry Division, Fort Dix, NJ
1955-56: 511th Infantry
1957: 711th Ordinance - Germany
1972-76: Air MAC - McGuire AFB, NJ - Load Master C141

pop001.jpg

pop004.jpg

pop003.jpg

pop002.jpg

uni002.jpg

uni001.jpg

Comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking. Slick

I agree a super tribute to your father indeed! Be nice to have a head sculpt made of your father and use it on the figure. Be hard to improve on this figure.... well done!... congrats.... Harold

What a wonderful thing you have done. It truly is a shame that your dad con not see it , but maybe he does.

I would love to have done this for my dad but I do not even have a picture of him in uniform.

I do have some shoulder patches of his though. Staff Sargent stripes.

Dad passed away 2 years after Katrina .

This brings back memories.

Thanks for posting.

Gentlemen, Thank you all for your awesome remarks. I appreciate all you guys. I sent the link to my mom and sister and they both said the figure made them cry.

However, the more i look the more I think I need to paint/stain the reserve OD.

Maybe somebody can answer this question. I just noticed markings on the bottom of the main chute. They look like tally marks and a heart. Any ideas???

Back