• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

234/4 ?

Hammer Six

Company Commander
Looking for detailed interior photos of the 234/4 (PAK 40). Have checked all my ref books and spent hours on Google. Primarily looking for photos of placement of radio and ammo storage.

Many thanks in advance

Military Vehicle in detail #2 SdKFZ 231/234 8-rad 8x8 Armoured Car shows on pages 68-69 shows the Pak40 gun inside the 234/4 and in one you can see the rear steering wheel, but I can't see anything about the ammo or radio. These armoured cars were recon vehicles and not intended to use their gun. The 234/4 carried only 12 rounds! That would fit almost anywhere even though the vehicle is very cramped. I once had an idea of doing a 234/4 and abandoned the idea. Ended up with a 234 convertible to versions 1, 2 and 3.
Good Luck!

Panzer Museum Munster has an Sd.Kfz.234/4 there is access all around the vehicle so it’s possible to take as many pictures as you like this would also be the same for Bovingtons Sd.Kfz234/3

Awesome! Many thanks Jepy. That really does answer the question. My Gawd that had to be a tight fit for gunner and loader!

Missed you on the board Jepy

Back