• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

761st shoulder patch question

krakow

Marksman
Can’t seem to find any decent war time pics to help me answer this question. Which sleeve patch would would be worn by the guys on the ground supporting the tanks ? 761st triangle or the Orange circle with the Black Panther ?

The 761st was aMedium Tank Battalion so they use the Armored Unit Triangle Patch. The Black Panther Patch was for Tank Destroyer Battalions

That’s kinda what I had in mind but found so few pics to back up that thought. I believe DML released and AA figure years and years ago, Wiley maybe, that I seem to recall was representing either the tank battalion or the tank destroyers but had no insignia on the uniform since the fig was wearing a wool greatcoat. Not that DML is or was any kind of authority and insisted on 110% accuracy in their figures.

Thanks !!

Steve

Dragon screwed up on that Roscoe figure. The 630 TD Btl. was a white unit. IN FACT there were only 2 AA TD units within the dozens upon dozens of all white Tank Destroyer battalions...people seem to get confused with the distinct patch of a panther head with orange backdrop...thinking it's for Blacks. It's NOT, the white units adopted that design and has nothing to do with any Black unit specifically.

peace
Miguel

Back