• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

A few sights at DX 08

toychest

Mortarman
boot_pic1.jpg

boot_pic4.jpg

dio_1.jpg

dio_4.jpg

pak.jpg

monkey_2.jpg

timewalker_1.jpg

newline_1.jpg

toyfederation.jpg

war_wes.jpg

toychest_mike.jpg

war_dio1.jpg

The show was great .got see a bunch of my good friends and meet many more new ones these are just a few of the pictures I took ( just started wearing glasses this year so the pictures looked fine untile I got home sorry!!!) please post any pictures you have so others can have a look .

dx08

Always nice to see pic ...from place's I could not be.
First two figures look like Boot25 work....??

Thanks for sharing.....

Ciao, TV

Man, that looks like it was a great time. Thanks for the pics and wish I could have made it hopefully that this takes place again next year at Virginia Beach so I can try to make it. Wife says to me at the last minute that she would love to go the Virginia Beach with the kids and that I could have my fun but could not get the time off from work and didn't have the money on such short notice. Hope the economy takes a turn for the better so I can meet some of the great people from here at one of these great functions.

Looks great Cory, sorry I couldn't attend with you guys. I see alot of
the regulars in your photos.

Thanks
Scott

Thanks for putting up some pics Cory - except for #8 - who is that ugly guy!!!???
Yep, those figures are boot25's, it was a great pleasure to meet him, and to see his fantastic work up close.
As always, the usual suspects showed up and we managed to have some fun. Some of the highlights for me were: (not necersarily in this order)

Scott Crawfords presentation (the banter and atmosphere, enough has been said about the figure releases). A good laugh and it was pleasing to see young Ben winning several prizes. He and his Mom came every day, clearly had a great time, and a round of applause to his Mom for brining him and supporting his hobby interests.
The dinner with Bobby, Wes, Mike, Josh, Cory, Brady, Alex and Scott. I'm still chuckling. I can still hear Scott howling.
The diorama looked great, was fun to put together. It took very little time to do, it was well planned and many hands made light work. It took on a couple of different reincarnations with the addition of Cory's dogs, and 'naked man'.
The armor from tankmodels/vereo. Very, very nice. Very, very expensive.

Meeting several of the guys from this forum, Pat's Gerbirgsjaeger 'booth' was amazing, a wonderful collection of GB items.
Met nomad and boot25, very talented guys, and a pleasure to meet. I also met Steve from Timewalker Toys, very nice guy and great chatting with him.
Ryan from The Toy Federation was there, and Karim and Peter made the trip from Germany. Have you changed your pant's yet Karim!!???

All in all I had a great time, although we didn't manage to fit in a trip to support any single mothers working late at night with very little to cloth themselves with. Next time.

Graham

I bought my first set of Newline boots at the show from Graham (he even tossed in a knit cap).

Before, I had my doubts about just how big a difference they would make on a figure, but MAN-O-MAN!!! I hate to think of having to upgrade 250 or so figures. I make a decent retirement...but not that good :oops:

By the way Graham, I had no problem getting them on the figure. I even tied a bow!

Question, are the boots that are in any of the Toys City sets supplied by your guys? I got a Luftwaffe uniform set that came with a leather jacket and leather para boots (thought that was a little odd, but I like them on the pilot) and they sure had the "feel" of your boots. Maybe not, I mean how many different ways can a pair of boots be made?

Bob

Glad you liked the boots Bob! I also think they make a big difference!

NewLine is not supplying any other manufacturers, I have limited experience with the Toy City boots, but those that I have seen differ in quality of leather, I have not seen those that have similally constructed soles (I believe thier marching boots) so can't comment on that.
Effort is also made to give the NewLine boots a good shape, and 'slightly worn' appearance. NewLine boots are also well suited to further shaping and weathering.

Perhaps someone has examples of both and could do a comparison?

Graham

Back