• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Another Opel Truck

Hammer's Africaners

First Sergeant
Another Opel Truck, which is a work in progress.

DSCF7292_zpsa8cc1afe.jpg
Cargo bed is made of plastic.
DSCF7291_zpsfd2028d9.jpg

Wooden braces for the bed. Plastic used for the Jerry can racks.

DSCF7290_zps2fc3399f.jpg

Battle Hobbies head lights, notlicht from Panzerwerks. Still need to mount the license plate.
DSCF7289_zps3413053e.jpg
DSCF7288_zps79ec5c79.jpg

Mirrors made from railroad markers and brass tube. With markers made with brass tube and large pin heads.
DSCF7293_zps538359a6.jpg

DSCF7294_zps91f1a5ed.jpg

Strap holders from Armor Tec. Bolt detal from Dragon shoulder board bolts.
DSCF7295_zpsf133ad71.jpg

Still needs a lot of work in the drivers compartment and doors. Need to make some windows. Cargo bed is not secured to the medal frame yet.
And a lot more to do.

Thanks for looking.

Hammer,

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the Open cab shell? Looking good on your new vehicle.

-Joe

Hammer, your Opel is off to a great start. The detail on the bed is fantastic. Another great looking build with a rotomold vehicle!

Hammer,

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the Open cab shell? Looking good on your new vehicle.

-Joe

I got my Opel trucks from Plasticpanzers, bought two from him and another from a board member a long time back Just getting around to working on them this year and last. I just ask for the cab and bed, no cargo top, cuts done on the price and postage. Never have tried any of Plasticpanzers tires I have been using Steve's from Panzerwerk's tires on all my trucks.

I guess I should post how I make the rear duel tires.

Here's a link to Plasticpanzers

http://www.plasticpanzers.8k.com/

Hammer

Just came across this post. Have a couple of questions -
How did you attach the pieces to the fenders? I am assuming you glued them. What kind of glue did you use?
Thanks, Bob

If you look close,you can barely see the screws. I used brass strip with folded angles. Then used little screws to attach the brackets to the fenders then to the bottom of the bed.

if you need any other help let me know.

Thanks. I couldn't see them in the photos. I have one of these and I know it is next to impossible to glue anything to the surface because of the texture.

Back