• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines

NBTrav

Machine Gunner
When I was a kid, Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines was one of my favourite PC games.
A WWII Real-time Strategy game wherein you control a group of Commandos on daring and exciting missions, as the title may suggest, behind enemy lines.

In the original game there were 7 main commandos, though additional ones were entered later.
‘Tiny’ (The Green Beret), and ‘Duke’ (The Sniper) are the ones I've got done so far.

First up is Duke.
sniper.jpg

13206548893_3181a9f4c2_c.jpg

The sniper is very cool and calculating but very stand-offish with his other companions. He is an expert marksman who is thereby extremely effective in situations requiring stealth or long range kills.
13206542263_b18e5f6720_c.jpg

The Sniper has a limited amount of sniper rounds per level and so will very rarely waste a bullet.
Here he is roughly as depicted from the Commandos 3 - Destination Berlin game.
13206397005_136a7aaaa5_c.jpg

Next up is Tiny.
13206710904_e2991ce010_c.jpg

gberet.jpg

He's the powerhouse of the group, but is usually most effective at close encounters, as his bare hands, or knife, is his weapon of choice.
13206536203_06e94323e1_c.jpg

13206526753_0efc719ac8_c.jpg

In the game he's able to dig into the terrain to camouflage himself from the enemy.
13206722924_e8615e9f59_c.jpg

13206699304_06ae17708c_c.jpg

I plan to do up more of the team later, though I expect that doing Fins, the diver, would be the most challenging of the lot.
I had a lot of fun putting these two together, hopefully I'll be able to start the others soon, once life slows down to give me a chance.

If there are some other Commando fans in the house, let me know!
Also, as always, love to get feedback from you guys.

I also played and loved the game, but a little less with it's successors. Too bad the original game became unplayable on faster PC's...

Nice kitbashes!

Hey Dutchamn, thanks a lot!
I agree, the other games weren't as great as the first one..but we still have the memories, right? haha

Hey Ken,
Thanks! I'll certainly keep you guys in the loop, don't worry :)
Once I get more of the group assembled I hope to do some outside shots with them, too.

I loved the first game, because it had realistic scenarios and was challenging on how to use your team. Great job with the 1/6th incarnation. My favorite was the engineer. :)

Thanks Reising :)
The Engineer was pretty great, especially when you got to whipping those grenades around, haha.

DTI,
It's pretty close in a way, if you can, I'd say check it out!
commandos-behind-enemy-lines-33.jpg

Wow travis you got all types of skills
LOVE all of them but the guy drawing the pistol and then the shovel of death
FANTASTIC
wish we were neighbors

Hey Warhorse, thanks I really appreciate it! :)
If we were neighbours, we'd have a helluva back yard, haha.

Back