• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

DiD hands

SgtUSMC

Mortarman
Is it just me or do some of you guys think the DiD hands are out of scale? Some of them just look huge as hell to me. What are your thoughts?

I prefer the Dragon hands myself and don't much care for the DID figure either. I transplant all my DID heads onto Dragon figures. I don't care for the old BBI hands either but that is another topic. opinions are like.....well you know.

Jeff (Geppetto)

I actually like the variety of sizes. My dad and a lot of his friends who worked in the steel mill had larger hand.

If you want to get really nit-picky. Just about all the bodies for WWII are oversized. I think I remember reading that the average WWII US soldier was 5'7" and a 150 lbs.

DiD hands are probably proportionate to DiD's oversized body. I use a lot of the DiD bendy hands on Dragon figures as it since Dragon no longer produces their bendy hands (which is a shame as well).

I think I need to start converting neck posts so I can use the headsculpts on Dragon bodies. My Japanese figures (all 3R/DiD bodies) would tower over my Marines if they ever got close to their lines...

Fred

I lovethe DID Hands, particularly those painted in a way that makes the look very realistic, you can even see veins under the skin. The same sculpts are also painted "flat flesh" and look terrible.
I also use only DML bodies. Like the variety in hands for groups but for a special figure I go with DID hands. In terms of gloved hands, my favorites are the old BBI German gloved hands...
As for DML hands I avoid mixing the relaxed hands and the others. I use the relaxed in pairs and like them a lot. For the rest use pustol grip in 95% of figures and avoid the rifle triger hands...

I think DML hands are too small, and prefer DiD for size. I hate the DiD bodies though, so I always swap their hands onto DML bods. Then there's Hot Toys hands which look huge!

DID hands can look better if you cup the palm a little. Otherwise they are too flat and do look big. Cupping the palm helps make them appear a little smaller and the thinner fingers are better for gloves.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!:)

some DiD hands look great but then the same hands will be rock hard and will not hold the weapon/MG, my Dirk Kluge and Vasily hands are solid.
you're right, Hot Toys hands are massive but the ball peg wrist is great, i think DiD/3R should do the same.

Like egonzinc I'm also a big fan of the older DiD hands with the detail painting. The newer DiD hands have the same mold but the paint ap is just a single flesh color with no detail painted in. I hate that they quit painting in the details but I guess the old way of painting them must have been too time consuming. Whenever I can find the old hands for a good price I snap them up. Unfortunately they are getting harder to find. Also I've found that by dipping the hands in extremely hot water for about 30 seconds I can change the pose a good bit.

i pop out the wrist pins and transplant my did hands to fit on the dml wrist posts they work pretty good ecspecailly the pointing index finger..

Back