• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

DML Bruno's Weapons cannister

Kev Longino

My Bruno arrived this week - and as requested by raycxr here is a comparison of the DML and DiD cannisters.#
I like the DiD one as it is as rugged as hell and has nice handles and clasps, unfortunately it is also too heavy to try attaching a chute and playing with it! It also is missing the chute attachments. Both tubes are pretty much the same dimensions with the DML one being slightly shorter.
cf5e2579.jpg

The DML version is light enough to parachute and feels strong enough too.It also has the proper attachment D rings for a chute. The wheels and towbar work well, both slotting easily into the fitting points.
9e557d00.jpg

The interior of the DML one has the weapons inserts for rifles , which are fixed/glued and a wee bag has the closure clasps for the hinged door which need a gentle touch to fit onto the tube. There is also a sheet of self adhesive marking strips but I think you would be better off simply masking and spraying your own.
4c85afcc.jpg

The figure comes with a normal set of FJ infantry equipment ( nice early bonesack) and 3 Kar98Ks to put into the cannister. I am liberating some ammo cans and stuff to fill mine out.

Back