• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

DX 07 where

I missed the show in california :( it was to far away so i just want to go to one. :neutral: does andybody have ANY idea where the next show is going to be! ;) :wink: ;) :wink: :s

I 'd guess it is way too early to tell and we will likely have to wait until after the first of the year to know for sure. My money is on the west coast again as I guess logistics for the east coast show were rumored to have been a nightmare . I'll go if it is close and I won't if it isn't as it is way too costly to move my booth around much more than I did last week.

I begged Scott Crawford to have the next show in Minneapolis, I even went as far as to offer him one of my winter Gerhard's if he'd use his influence. He scoffed at me when I told him there were at least a dozen guy's in the area who would be there for sure.
He wouldn't let me pin him down on details, but I think it's a good bet that Atlanta and Minneapolis are not on the "A" list.
But where ever it is next year, if you see a guy in a loud Hawaiian shirt, chances are, it'll be me.

J-P

Having gradually got used to the idea that it does'nt look like they are going to hold one down the road from my house , maybe New York would be good. We Brits could grab cheap flights over and take advantage of the exchange rate when we arrived :mrgreen:

I doubt it will happen in the Bay area, Someone would find it offensive and some sort of anti action figure law would get passed.

Kev, Would Kent be too far of a drive for you ? I don't know if it was a fake or not, but I could have sworn I saw a flier getting passed around announcing DXEurope.

If I had a vote, I'd vote for San Francisco.

I've been to two conventions there, and loved the place.

I could jump on Amtrak (almost out my back door), and take the easy way to the Bay.

...of course, it would limit the stuff I could bring, but it's a price I'm willing to sacrifice.

I think they should consider Bermuda. It's a lovely place and is almost EXACTLY on the other side of the world from Hong Kong.

PLUS - since almost EVERYBODY would have to travel to get there, everyone would be equal!

Yep, I'm liking it.

Jepy, right you are.... and here is the scoop straight from the flier!

DX Europe 06
Leas Cliff Hall, Folkestone, Kent, England

September 23-24 2006
At Euro Militaire 2006

VIP: Douglas Kay (Firefly Vc "Carole" Gunner from 13th/18th Royal Hussars.)

Do you think the "Exclusive" will be a tanker in a "Pixie Suit"? :wink:

Skip

:-P :-P Seattle :-P :-P would be a good place. The some of the Canadians could come, people in Idaho (3 1/2-5 1/2 hour drive) and Oregon (4-5 hours)

Honestly, to me it doesn't matter... Where ever it ends up (and hopefully this will continue in one form or another to be an "event")I am just happy that "it is"... I understand that any company will go where it thinks it will have success... Sometimes it will be to my advantage, and many times not but regardless I'm thankful it is happening... We need to support these events, whether it be Dragon's OR others to insure they continue... If you know an event is planned at about the same time every year (hopefully continuing in the future) and you want to attend or obtain things that may be available there, PLAN FOR IT... Make contacts, as I am sure many of you have friends or aquiantances who may be near these events or going to them who if asked would help you out to get what you want... I spent my Friday at this last show securing items for four people who asked me... I wish I could have done more for more folks but as it was I was stretched taking care of a few... To me part of this hobby is helping each other out and I always try to do this... Imagine if everyone did the same... We would all be set and "good to go"...
That said, I just hope "DX' 07" HAPPENS... :!: :!: :!:

Anchorage is building a new convention center. :mrgreen:

Before you start heckling me, I think Seattle, or Chicago are certainly realistic suggestions.

J-P , thanks for that - certainly sounds interesting!
There was supposed to be a Euro WoH last year but it fizzled out so it would be cool if this comes to pass.

Anchorage is building a new convention center

after living in Alaska for 5 years , ide be happy to do a Alaska show , i could not do it as a vendor , but would attend as a collector in a heart beat , some of the best fishing in the world !

Back