• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Early Christmas Present

pzrwest

Brigade Commander
My wife yesterday bought me an early Christmas gift.... It was a Walther P38 BB pistol by UMAREXUSA. Here is a picture from their website of the pistol(saved me getting out the camera). Not normally into BB pistols but the store On Target Airsoft told me that they can't get the airsoft version plus it uses green gas propellant which I didn't want to go through the hassle it requires. But who would want to turn down a nice Christmas gift....
Walther%20P38a_zpstaqcbvnq.jpg

After consulting with informed people these P38's are Post WW2 West German police pistols. War time P38's did not have the Walther banner on the slide and were just blued where post war P38's were Parkerized hence the high gloss finish and bore the Walther banner

Looks like your wife is helping you become the owner of a rather large non-lethal arsenal.

I pulled a real boner last night and what ever possessed me to remove the slide on this pistol was a real dumb move on my part. When I removed the slide a spring popped out and took me hours to find it and then try to put the slide back on with the spring back in the gun. I might just have to send the gun back to UMAREXUSA and pay to have them put things back where they belong and make the gun to function again. Will have to see what the shipping costs there and back and labor to repair the gun. This is going to a lesson for me to leave things alone and as they were. I had removed the slide many times before with my real P38 but the BB version of the gun is nothing like the real deal. As it stands now I have a $140.00 paper weight or a permanent wall hanger

Ha ha, don't feel too bad about it Harold, I think we have all done something like that. I did the same thing many years ago with a Daisy Berreta 92fs BB gun, nothing like the real thing internally :D

I used to have to see how things went together, how they worked ever since I was a small kid. The past 10 years or so I thought I had over come this compulsion guess I was wrong... now back to square one.... LOL

Always been one of my favorites. I'd love to have a real one but there are so many horror stories of "parts" guns, I hate to make the investment. A hundred years ago an uncle of mine brought one back from WW2 but it disappeared before I was old enough to buy it from him.

Charlie

If you have an Airsoft Skirmish place near you, odds are they will have a gun monkey who can put it back to gether again.

As far as I know there isn't any. We used to have a paint ball here place but they closed down to lack of interest, the OPP used to use it from time to time but still wasn't enough use to keep it a float

Had my arse pulled out of the fire today by Mike who sells airsoft and bb pistols. I have bought all my airsoft a bb items from Mike. It was suggested that I take my "broken" P38 to him and have it fixed. He fixed it in no time.... Thanks Mike from On Target Airsoft

Well just one week from today is Happy Ho Ho day. Besides the P38 I have received a nice hard shell leather holster, and a very nice new to me(the wife and I) 2013 Hyundai Elantra

I have had experience with these. They are rather complicated especially the electric ones. However, since you managed to get someone to fix it (why did you remove the slide?) your gun could last quite a while because gas pistols such as the one you own, don't use gears which could get stripped like on RC gearboxes. Also, not many companies produce WW2 or Post WW2 weapons since every company seems to be very fond of M4 carbines. Also, you can upgrade the hell out of it. I have seen people put 5000 dollars into one of these airsoft rifles.

Last edited:
(why did you remove the slide?) to be honest I really don't know why I did it!!! but won't do that again with the P38(PW) or any other airsoft guns I have. They may be spot on the outside compared to a real gun but that's where it ends!!!

Back