• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Early war photoshoot

The_Dutchman

Company Commander
Hi all,

Last july I was able to organize a photoshoot (with help from my friends Theo and Guus) to showcase my early war german cavalry, the Heeresfeldwagens HF1 and the Heerefeldwagen HF13 (field kitchen) with it's Vorderwagen (limber).
Unfortunately the HF13 had a catastrophic failure when I tried to make it ready for transport so I had to leave it at home. :(

Attached are a couple of pictures from the photoshoot.

Enjoy the pictures!

Attachments

• DSC_0050 (Klein).JPG
    DSC_0050 (Klein).JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_0053 (Klein).JPG
    DSC_0053 (Klein).JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0066 (Klein).JPG
    DSC_0066 (Klein).JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_0067 (Klein).JPG
    DSC_0067 (Klein).JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_0076 (Klein).JPG
    DSC_0076 (Klein).JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 25
A few more....

Attachments

• DSC_0080 (Klein).JPG
    DSC_0080 (Klein).JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_0090 (Klein).JPG
    DSC_0090 (Klein).JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_0098 (Klein).JPG
    DSC_0098 (Klein).JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0020 (Klein).JPG
    DSC_0020 (Klein).JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0022 (Klein).JPG
    DSC_0022 (Klein).JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 15
The last few...

Attachments

• DSC_0025 (Klein).JPG
    DSC_0025 (Klein).JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_0027 (Klein).JPG
    DSC_0027 (Klein).JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_0028 (Klein).JPG
    DSC_0028 (Klein).JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_0029 (Klein).JPG
    DSC_0029 (Klein).JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0033 (Klein).JPG
    DSC_0033 (Klein).JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 27
Awesome figures horses and wagen.
What did you use for a back drop?
The backdrop actually is a photograph taken from a local field. That photo was then mirrorred on the a side to make it twice as wide. The result was then printed twice on a large format printer by a friend who has a printing business resulting on a 4 x 12 feet poster. The two prints are hanging in the corner of a room so they are at a 90 degree angle. In front of the prints is a 4 x 8 feet table with landscaping materials and artificial plants etc. There is about 2 feet of room between the prints and the table to allow access all around the table.
For lighting we bought two sets of studio lights which provides adequate 'daylight' to take pictures.

That is indeed amazing work and a definite showcase to your love of the horse and horsedrawn mode of transport...an animal that is the unsung hero of both World Wars; particularly from the German point of view. Cheers for sharing, Steve

Forgot to ask, are they all DML horses???, if so, I can't say I've seen the light brown type before or did you paint that one up yourself???. Not too sure if you're aware but 'Alert Line' are about to bring out a couple of Heer horses and riders. Steve

Forgot to ask, are they all DML horses???, if so, I can't say I've seen the light brown type before or did you paint that one up yourself???. Not too sure if you're aware but 'Alert Line' are about to bring out a couple of Heer horses and riders. Steve

Steve, they are all DML horses. The light brown horse came with a cyber hobby release: Dragon Cyber-Hobby WH Infantry Grenadier w/Horse Drawn Cart - Josef Hein & Gretchen (70480).

I did paint some of the identical dark brown horses with different white feet to make them more individual.

I've seen the announcement from Alert Line but I have enough Cavalry figures and the Alert Line releases are also becoming quit pricey.

Cheers!

Attachments

• BD1310-2.jpg
    BD1310-2.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 13
I really like what you did with the background. It makes the shoot look much more real.

Too bad about the field kitchen. Guess the boys will have to go hungry until repairs are enacted.

The failure with the Field kitchen was quite severe. Apparently my attempt at strengthening the axle with a styrene strip was not sufficient:

Attachments

• 20201126_233501 (Aangepast).jpg
    20201126_233501 (Aangepast).jpg
    81 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2878 (Aangepast).JPG
    IMG_2878 (Aangepast).JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 12
So repairs had to be made:

Attachments

• IMG_2879 (Aangepast).JPG
    IMG_2879 (Aangepast).JPG
    275.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2880 (Aangepast).JPG
    IMG_2880 (Aangepast).JPG
    266.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2883 (Aangepast).JPG
    IMG_2883 (Aangepast).JPG
    219 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2885 (Aangepast).JPG
    IMG_2885 (Aangepast).JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2887 (Aangepast).JPG
    IMG_2887 (Aangepast).JPG
    264.8 KB · Views: 15
To return the field kitchen to it's full glory again: :D

Attachments

• IMG_2888 (Aangepast).JPG
    IMG_2888 (Aangepast).JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2978 (Aangepast).JPG
    IMG_2978 (Aangepast).JPG
    245.6 KB · Views: 11
Great layout! The background is stellar, and awesome use of space that appears massive. Your figures, horses with tack and wagons are very cool. It is nice to see early war photo shoot and to see support troops in action, so to speak.

I also enjoyed seeing how you repaired the axle for the field kitchen.

Thank you for showing the early war dio.

Steve, they are all DML horses. The light brown horse came with a cyber hobby release: Dragon Cyber-Hobby WH Infantry Grenadier w/Horse Drawn Cart - Josef Hein & Gretchen (70480).

Ah, yeah, I have two of those just that it looked somewhat lighter in the pic. I extended my figure with Gretchen instead pulling a couple of panzerschreck carts (sort of a two figure in one utilising that and the panzerschreck cart that came out around the same time (I believe).

Concur, Alert Line is pricey but I find that with the majority of figure releases these days...then again, they are of limited production run and a lot more detailed than the average DML, even the last DML releases pale these days but still they remain my go-to for the diorama plans more so for standardisation than anything and the fact parts are still relatively easy to find and cheaper (in comparison) to buy. Cheers, Steve

Back