• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Field of Armor - nil joy

SteveKrieg

Company Commander
G'day all,

I posted a while back a long-standing issue I had with Field of Armor, namely that some products I'd paid for way back in 2020 (namely Flak 36/37 trailers, 88mm tank shells and a modification kit for a Panzer IIB to turn into an 'F' model) still have not arrived nor have the owners (email and site-wise) responded to my queries regarding them despite the fact they are still advertising the products.

I have sent countless emails and even via their contact site, given I have an account log-in. I know they had gone through a major refit which they stipulated late last year stating that they would clear their backlog orders first (I've got all the emails, invoices and such). Even if they were still clearing such orders how hard is it to provide an update with a likely ETA of my orders...seriously?.

I've been advised (by the U.S. Embassy here of all places) to lodge a complaint with the U.S. Bureau of Consumer Protection/Federal Trade Commission and just wondering if anyone else has ever used the FTC?.

This is a first for me as I've never had an issue with any hobby company before and, until the orders in question, had paid/received some great quality products from FoA so unsure as to why they refuse to provide not only the products paid for but any update. I got an email from Loic mid-year stating he'd look into it but despite several emails asking thereafter have heard nothing since. It's very frustrating and far from professional business courtesy.

Cheers, Steve

There have been many others in this forum that have had issues with FOA and Loic, myself among them. Took a few years to get the basis of an RC Sherman, and now over a year of begging for the missing drive sprockets and track pins. Have not had any response to my emails for many months. If I can get Dragon Sprockets, at least I can make it a static tank.

Does not seem like a good business model. I sure hope he comes through for you.
Leonard
RTT

I've heard that he has been facing serious issues obtaining motivated staff with the required skillset for resin casting. I'm sure Covid hasn't helped much either to resolve his staff issue.

That being said: it's no excuse to stop communicating with your customers. In my experience it's far better to show some transparency towards your customers. If I was in his situation, I would contact customers with outstanding orders and ask them if they would like a refund or continue to wait.

Back