• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Hangelafette

thetoysurgeon

Battalion Commander
I was contacted by Fusilier1944 way before Christmas about putting together and evaluating the "Hangelafette" suspended turret kit made by Panzerjuan. I want to thank him for choosing me because this is one of my favorite pieces and I can use my 2cm gun in it. Not to mention you can drop this turret on to many German AFVs. The Sdkfz 250/9 Neu, the Sd.kfz 234/1, the Sdkfz 140/1 and the Sdfkz 251/23 all had this turret. At the end of the WWII the germans were dropping this turret into anything that would support it. I hope you like it Carey and Mike.

THE KIT

The turret kit is made of styrene and comes like most model kits with some flash. All the edges are squared off.

P0000045.JPG

Here is the screen roof

P0000047.JPG

I ended up beveling all the edges on all the pieces to be able to fit together better instead of filling in gaps. It took some time and patience but all the corners turned out. I added the turret ring.

P0000048.JPG

Here are the pieces I ended up making to fit out the interior and exterior. I did have to make some custom pieces that I could not reproduce. Most of these are hinges and hardware. By the way the boxes on the back of the turret are for tarp stowage. They needed to be close by for foul weather.

P0000018.JPG

This kit is not for a novice and takes alot of work to complete. Here are pics of WORK IN PROGRESS....... I am not finished yet sill have a few things to do like drop in the hanging seats (stock AH 250 seats will work perfectly).and gunner's station as well as one of Sixty's radios.

P0000033.JPG

P0000031.JPG

P0000029.JPG

P0000038.JPG

P0000037.JPG

P0000035.JPG

P0000027.JPG

P0000022~0.JPG

P0000036.JPG

I added the Dragon MG42 and AA sight and modified latches and 1.4M Stab antennae with rubber base from Mike Stannard. Decals are from John's Stuff. I don't know the availability of Panzerjuan's kit. You might have to drop Fusilier1944 a message.

Hope Ya'll like my 1/6 Masterpiece!

That is a Japanese site and it's in Yen. Is that a paper or carboard model of a 222? I did a currancy converter on it and it comes out to less than $25.00! 2,600.00 yen = 24.3669 USD

Edit: I guess it is a site in China sorry but I just don't understand why they are using the Symbol for the Yen the Y with double cross bucks is the Yen symbol, the Yuan symbol is much different. I don't think it's worth $320 and shipping. The site won't open for me anymore truthfully I wouldn't send them any of my CC info. Something tells me it's not trustworthy.

Thanks guys. The mesh did turn out real good. I found a great source at Michaels. This is not a 222 turret unless you are building a 222 Neu Art. This replaced the 222 turret because the 222 was far more complicated and costly. The 222 turret has 10 sides if I am correct. This is the late war mount with 6 sides which came out in late 43 i think and was fitted to the 250/9 neu at first then the 234/1 and so on. I have heard several 250 alts were fitted with this turret. Thanks for the compliments. The red weathering is not rust but primer. I am in the middle of weathering it.

Thanks again!

As usualy your work comes out beautiful sir! The parts look amazing even without paint. The detail and complexity make this a real jewel. It's always amazing to see what someone with your talent can do with a kit like this.

In regards to the kits themselves, the only ones available are though Tim/Plasticpanzers. Mike and I worked a deal out with Tim, not necessarily to be exclusive, but he ended up with almost all the turret kits anyway. He will be offering them as an add-on to the battlegrounds Puma already being produced as I recall.

Again, great work Dennis!

Dennis, that really is superb looking! I have to seriously consider one to put in my stash of to do projects.

Thankyou Carey and David,

I feel this kit fills in a void. It opens a few more options to build AFV variations. Although the turret kit is a model in its own. It took me 6 weeks to get this far on the turret . I would about do anything for a 250 neu to make a 250/9 with this turret. I have plans for the two I have, but will hunt down Tim and purchase a few more. The czech 38 t chassis can be used to make the sdkfz 140/1 . The turret was designed to fit the Plasticpanzers Puma chassis, so that gives you the sdkfz 234/1. Late in the war they put it on a 251 and a bergepanzer 38t.

Thanks again !

Some very fine craftmanship there, very nicely done D-man, not just on the fabrication, but the finish is outstanding as well, very realistic looking, now mount that baby on a vehicle :!: :!: :!:

beautiful paint chipping!
you could also use a 2B pencil to fill in the middle of your
paint chip to act as the bare metal!

Excellent work you have created!

Back