• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Historical information in film.

I have been looking about for "period" films that help in research.
Two interesting films from 1940's "Nazi" Germany that are helpful
are "Stuka" and "Afrika Korps: Deutsch Soldaten in Afrika".
The first has a wealth of Luftwaffe uniforms and a few early war
scenes in combat on the ground against French.
The second follows a group of soldiers through the process of medical
exam, clothing issue, loading vehicles on a train, going from Germany to Naples. Loading on ship. Trip to Afrika, disembarking.
(Many different uniforms and vehicles).
Troops in camp.....
Dangers and sights of Afrika....
FEBRUARY 1942
Naval uniforms of Italy and Germany
Naval combat
Land combat....
June 20-26, 1942
General Galland visits 1Lt Marseilles
Hear Rommel speak to the troops.
And so on....
Both available from Amazon.com.