• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

How to post pics from my iPad?

panzeriv

Platoon Leader
I've downloaded the photobucket app but no matter which code I use when trying to insert an image, it doesn't work!
HELP

Scott

Can you actually download the pics to photobucket? If so you go to photobucket with your computer and put the cursor on the picture and a menu will drop down. click the bottom one and it saves the img code to your clipboard then paste it into your note pad. continue saveing the pic codes to your note pad till you have all the pic codes on it then it's just a matter of copy and pasteing each code to your post on SAG and then post it to the SAG message

I think I've done it. When I get home lll try again. I'm pretty sure it was a pain in the rear. It's much slower due to not having a mouse. I'll pm you tonight when I get home and try.

Thanks Gentlemen.
Harold, I've done all that you mentioned with no problem, UNTIL I get to the attaching the image part. I click on the "insert Image" icon and the box pops up and no matter which code from photobucket I insert and even removing the http part it just shows the url I've posted and adds before and after and will not show the picture. I spent an hour last night and couldn't get there.

Thanks Alfonso, I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with.

My home computer died and I'm only using the ipad at home. I can still post from my work puter (where I am now) but want to be able to do from home as well.

Again, thanks

Scott

I just looked at you test post.

The url to the image had a double "http://" in the front. If I remove the extra "http://" your picture shows.

You should be able to "edit" your test post and see the difference.

When I attach a pic all I do is copy and paste the link with the
] in the text of the message and the pic appears

image.jpg

I switched from mobile photobucket which seems to open by default on the ipad. Once i switched over I copied the link from the image code and just pasted in the post.

I hope this helps.

Thank you fellows, with all of your imput, I finally know how to do it, and is fairly simple.
Again, thanks

Scott

Back