• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

kendalljamie

Hello to all the great folks at SAG!

I have been a member here for over 3 years, but just recently got back into the hobby and started trading and buying from folks on here, so I figured I better start one of these member bio sections.

First of all, I just want to say what an outstanding group of people you all are. I am a member of a few online forums and clubs, ranging from 1/6 collecting to reenacting to Isuzu SUV's, and I have to say that not one of them has made me feel as welcome and has answered my questions more thoroughly and without judgment as you guys have. As far as online communities go, 1/6 or otherwise, y'all are top notch!

I know that this is supposed to be about me, but I don't have much to say for myself, besides that I am a forestry student in upstate NY with a beautiful wife and two great kids. My wife even lets me splurge on my hobbies from time to time. That's hard to beat.

I collect German stuff, mainly LW ground units, fallschirmjaeger, and gebirgsjaeger. I'm more into the "tropical" campaigns, such as Greece, Italy, Crete, and North Afrika. My collection is relatively small, only 12 complete figures (mostly bashed), a DX'06 BMW w/sidecar, and a couple of kubelwagens. I also have one unfinished AH 250 that I will get around to someday.

That about sums it up. Once again, thanks to all the great members of SAG that make this an enjoyable place to visit.

Jamie C. Kendall

I've just completed a sale with Jamie - excellent communication and extremely fast payment!

Thank you again for a great transaction Jamie!

Fred

Just completed a trade w/Jamie. Thank you for the extra effort with the packaging & extra items. Also, super fast shipment!

Manny

I have traded with jamie twice,never got around to leaving feedback on the first trade,sorry Jamie.

First I have to say Jamie is one of the good guys. He is generous with his trades and true to his word. In a world of people who have all but forgotten the word "honor" and tuth he has not.

I can not tell you how highly I recommend him as a trading partner,I do not have the words.
Simply,he is one of the best.
GJ

Back