• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Kettenkrad Engine Redone

johnro6659

Brigade Commander
Hi Guys,

I was going to post these on the EZboard Goups before they went belly up. I hope I get it right here. These are pics of my Kettenkrad Engine after I changed it. I didn't have much to go on until I got the WP book on the Kett that has great detail pics for me to use.

Kett_036.jpg
Kett_035.jpg
Kett_034.jpg
Kett_032.jpg

GREAT job, nice detail... Looking forward to seeing everything come together on this one...

Thanks guys, It still needs a little tweaking but so far I am satisfied with it. I actually started playing with the Kett tonight adding cables and cutting some parts. I think I might have messed up the R/C unit with the motors. I'll have to take the unit apart to see if it can be fixed. I know my 250 won't be here until next week UPS doesn't deliver on the weekend. LOL So this will calm me down. I hope to build an engine for my 250 but I'll have to find some nice pics of it first.

Beautiful detailing John. I am glad to see you posting again. You mentioned problems with r/c motor. What is its status?

First like a dope I didn't think it out first. LOL The motor I chose to use is self contained R/C system motors, receiver and battery pac all in on little unit. I placed it as far back as I could so it wouldn't intrude into the engine compartment. The second problem I came across is another one created by me, I used a piece of Hexagonal shaped brass for the drive axle it was a little smaller than the axles where the wheels mounted and I filed the flats down so it would fit inside the brass but as I was forcing the brass over the plastic I messed up the mesh of the gears and now they don't meet right and slip. I think I can fix the gearing I'm almost positive the gear slid back on the metal axle inside. The placement of the motor is the bigger problem I have to figure out how to drive more than one wheel so they will get traction on the tracks right now they way it is the wheel turns but doesn't even move the tracks a fraction of an inch. If the R/C part doesn't work or I can't figure it out I'll just finish the detailing and painting and worry about it later.

Back