• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Lieutenant Bradley Pitt, Royal Winnipeg Rifles, an abandoned Chateau, Normandy.,

Ortona

Marksman
In July, 1944, The Royal Winnipeg Rifle Regiment was finally taken off the line, along with the rest of the 3rd Canadian Infantry Division - at least for a short time. Lieutenant Bradley Pitt and his elite regiment had been fighting non-stop ever since June 6th, when he - and they - came ashore on Juno Beach. Now it was time to rest, and do some light patrolling away from the front line. Here he has found an intact, but recently abandoned chateau, and decides to do some careful exploring and scavenging on foot, ever mindful of boobytraps and snipers ...

0 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr

0-2 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr

0-4 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr

0-5 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr

0-6 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr

0-7 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr

He spots an open door and goes inside:

0-8 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr

Whoever was here left in a hurry ...

0-3 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr

The bedroom lights are still on ...

What Lieutenant Pitt wouldn't give for some sleep in a real bed:

Oh, for just an hour of sleep ...

Walking down the service corridor ...

So peaceful ...

0-1 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr

Man, he could really do with a drink.

What's this?

Damn! Empty ...

But these aren't ... and there are dozens of the region's finest vineyards represented here!

0-5 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr

These two will do just nicely ...

And here's a nice place to sleep it off afterwards...

0-7 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr

So Lieutenant Pitt finishes them both off, and turns in for the night ...

But he stays for a week. The End.

0-9 by Stephen Duffy, on Flickr

I just bought a bunch of wine bottles from Battlegear Toys and I wanted to use them in a photoshoot.

Here is the full Lt. Bradley Pitt:

Shirt and tie with all the insignia, but he wears a standard infantry webbing set, with only a pistol added to hint at his officer's status.

Four BGT wine bottles: Three French and one Italian ...

Note: Bradley fell over so many times that on my last replacing of dropped equipment, I ended up putting his binoculars on backwards for the first half of the shoot. Oh well ...

Last edited:
Here are a few pictures additional:

Light the candles, pop the corks!

Who really needs food anyway? "A Toast, Madam? Screw Hitler! (Hic!)"

My flask really did need filling anyway!

"Gotta prepare for tomorrow, don't-cha-know!"

Epilog: For his resourcefulness in the field, and for surviving a whole week alone without food, while being pinned down by a company of SS snipers, Pitt was promoted to captain, and received the Canadian Military Medal. His colonel particularly loved the case of 1899-vintage Champagne ! The family returned in mid-August, and while they were not surprised that most of the good wine was gone, they were shocked to see that someone had left a Sten gun in the maid's bedroom.

I saw this real estate video on Youtube, of a Chateau for sale near Bergerac, Dordogne, south west France, and I just couldn't resist using it as a backdrop!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTZYIFcBQDA

Is a great storyboard and great use of backdrops...if only the Canadian Army issued corkscrews as I reckon he'd be there all day on that bottle. Cheers, Steve

Back