• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Need WWII German Heer radio references

Ortona

Marksman
Any books or websites that deal with the German communications equipment, its specific uses and details, would be greatly appreciated :p

Danke, meine Funkers!

Thanks for the tip! Sadly, it's sold out everywhere. :shock:

If anyone knows of a copy in stock somewhere, PLMK!

THANKS for the offer! Im not really sure what to call the exact set up, but it's the wireless that came with DID's SS latest pair, Dennis and Matthias. I need details on how it is set up - i.e. - what plugs into where, and who used it, at which point in the communication chain was it issued, i.e., Kompanie to Abteilung level, similar to the US SCR 300? I assume it was used in Infantry companies, not just, say, in the Nachrichten units. What is it called exactly?

Hammer you Rock bro, LA6NA http://www.laud.no/ww2/ oldie but greatie.... been super busy with work and searching for me books on Funker gear, haven't forgotten about this tho, any info yet on radio set model number? Not familiar with the DiD releases, a picture of radio set will do tho :!:

Torn.Fu.b1.

172061070.dgm2gTzF.jpg

That's all the info they had in "Wireless for Wehrmacht in detail" on the Torn Fu b1, if you need any info or pic's of wireless accessories more than happy to share...now that I found my book lol :!:

Danke Meine Herrn!

I just got a copy of this French book by Heimdal:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/2...0&pd_rd_w=nmMMK&pd_rd_wg=Ll1bL&ref_=pd_gw_unk

It has large color photos of every radio set used by the Wehrmacht, including the Kriegsmarine. 240 pages, color photos every device. with some BW shots of manuals and use in wartime service. Even has wiring schematics. French and English captions throughout. It also has a valuable glossary of German radio terms.

Expensive, rare, but worth it. I thought that some of the photos could have been a bit sharper, considering the format.

Back