• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

New usa tanker set.

siquisiri

Machine Gunner
Fyi,
This is a full usa tanker set i found on ebay . Looks pretty good!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324473669542

4cXDAxigTnZ9QeiGA

Looks like an attempt to copy Dragon's Josh Ackerman figure. Not bad but the pockets on the tanker jacket are way too high, almost in his armpits...!

Wow! Love that cloth helmet. Don't think I've ever seen it in any tanker set. Famous from the schwim driver at poteau...

"Famous from the schwim driver at poteau.."

That's the guy by DML that the winter tanker helmet came with, I was lucky to score two of the winter helmets loose, If not mistaken DML has produced all the little bits, will have to check when I get home this eve and share a pic :!:

the tanker jacket is a hot mess. the pockets, as mentioned and the texture of the fabric used is way off. But the rest looks good to decent. will pick one up.

I saw this set in person at my club's meeting last month. One of our members just received it.

It's a set that's been needed for a long time - but some of the stuff is quite rough.

• The tanker helmet is a cheap imitation of the DiD Fury helmet. I think it could work as a decent substitute to the Fury helmet if you put some work into it, though.
  • The Resistol goggles are ok - the mold is fine - but they probably need a little repaint to them.
  • The tanker jacket is made from a thick, coarse material. DML made some like this a very long time ago. It is strange. As others have said, the pockets are way too high.
  • The gear seems to be a mix of Alert Line/DML RTV/Soldier Story design and quality.
  • The lower half of the tanker bibs seems to be ok. I did not see the upper half as they were on an already dressed figure.
  • The service shoes seemed to be lace up pleather - kinda reminded me of some of the first DiD attempts at service shoes but in a darker color.
  • The winter combat helmet looks ok. I'd like to study it more and put it on a different headsculpt to see exactly how I like it. I suspect, like most of the rest of the stuff in this set, it can at least be made to work.
  • The second pattern HBT coveralls seemed to be the nicest part of this set. They looked almost like the BGT version save for dish buttons instead of the 13 star buttons like on the BGT version.
  • The tool roll is nice and the wrenches are metal. They have noticeable metric size markings (13, 14, 15, 16, etc.) on them, though.
  • The Grease Gun is the M3A1 - which probably never saw combat in WWII. Thank Dragon for getting it wrong with Josh Ackerman and every subsequent asshat manufacturer copying their mistake.

Hope this helps!

- Fred

I saw this set in person at my club's meeting last month. One of our members just received it.

It's a set that's been needed for a long time - but some of the stuff is quite rough.

• The tanker helmet is a cheap imitation of the DiD Fury helmet. I think it could work as a decent substitute to the Fury helmet if you put some work into it, though.
  • The Resistol goggles are ok - the mold is fine - but they probably need a little repaint to them.
  • The tanker jacket is made from a thick, coarse material. DML made some like this a very long time ago. It is strange. As others have said, the pockets are way too high.
  • The gear seems to be a mix of Alert Line/DML RTV/Soldier Story design and quality.
  • The lower half of the tanker bibs seems to be ok. I did not see the upper half as they were on an already dressed figure.
  • The service shoes seemed to be lace up pleather - kinda reminded me of some of the first DiD attempts at service shoes but in a darker color.
  • The winter combat helmet looks ok. I'd like to study it more and put it on a different headsculpt to see exactly how I like it. I suspect, like most of the rest of the stuff in this set, it can at least be made to work.
  • The second pattern HBT coveralls seemed to be the nicest part of this set. They looked almost like the BGT version save for dish buttons instead of the 13 star buttons like on the BGT version.
  • The tool roll is nice and the wrenches are metal. They have noticeable metric size markings (13, 14, 15, 16, etc.) on them, though.
  • The Grease Gun is the M3A1 - which probably never saw combat in WWII. Thank Dragon for getting it wrong with Josh Ackerman and every subsequent asshat manufacturer copying their mistake.

Hope this helps!

- Fred

Meh. bummer. will have to pass on it. Thanks Bro

cheers Fred!!

Anytime, Miguel!

I am positive you could make most of it usable, though. I know you've got the talent to make it happen!

Glad it helped!

- Fred

Back