• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Question about NewLine miniatures

I've read this thread and remained silent, for reasons which will soon be obvious.

About a year ago; I had delay problems with an order, similar to Fazz's. When Graham eventually surfaced, he apologized profusely and MORE than made up for the screw up (I think the details of how he made it right should not be made public - just say he was VERY gracious).

BOTTOM LINE - He made things right; which made me happy.

Now, Graham...... since you've been so crazy to appear on this site - please read our thread on your VN jungle boots. Next production go around - could you get your guys to add the crucial nylon ankle reinforcement straps ? ;)

Hi Graham! Nice to see you aboard!
And already a question: there are some pics of the tropical German boots around were it seems the hooks are attached to eyelets somehow, but ony mine they are simple hooks in slits. They slip out when you try to tie the boots. Not a big deal, I got it fixed, just wondering.

BTW, how about US shoepacs? You already got one customer for it! :lol:

Welcome to SAG Graham :!:

I think it might be best if we have specific questions about NewLine products to start new topics on those questions rather than take this one post too far off the original topic, which I think Graham has answered quite well.

Did I mention, welcome to SAG graham ;)

Thank you for the various and warm welcomes!

In the past I have enjoyed the interaction of the forums, I'm very thankful for their existance as they add immensly to my enjoyment of the hobby through sharing.

I will check out the Jungle boot thread, all feedback is welcome and appreciated. Good idea about seperate threads for seperate topics/items, I will endeavour to comment as necersary, bare with me tho', especially while still travelling. NewLine is a 'one man show' for the most part, and even with great help with web-site etc, sometimes there just ain't enough of me to go round!

Regarding other items, DAK/Tropical boots, shoe-pacs etc, all noted. I will be better placed to respond when I can get myself in front of a pair!

Graham

Glad to hear from you, Graham. I was afraid you might have fallen and been crushed by your Armortek Tiger. I expect everyone appreciates your response and I hope you will be able to spend some time on the hobby stuff again soon.
Charles

Being the grunt who originally posted this thread, I can confirm that Graham kept in touch in a very kind and professional way.
It is very much appreciated. :!:

Still waiting for my order to make it,
but now I least I know NL received it!

:mrgreen:

Thanks Graham.

Thanks also to everyone who posted on this thread.

Mortar_crew

Back